What Birds Have You Got Nesting?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The male wren builds loads of nests then takes the female around them and she chooses which nest she will lay in.   TC

At the moment we've got Blue tit's in all the boxes. Robins in the stable, in a flower pot and in the wood store, in a box my boy made, all with eggs. Wrens nests almost every where they can, in the

I would be surprised if a blue tit has young at this time of year. There is no food for the young. In fact, I'd go further and say that I would be surprised to see a blue tit on eggs even.   The way

Posted Images

we get blackcaps in the garden and when I heard this bird singing that is what I thought it was, I agree it does seem a bit early, and by the sound of its song its definitely a warbler.

Warblers wouldn't be singing this early mate I wouldn't think..... that bird is a dunnock, without a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 1

I got blue tits checking out my camera box they have nested in for the last 3 years. Very exited at the prospect of watching them nesting again! Last year they started building the nest on 22 of April. My brother has doves with 2 chicks in his garden.

A great time of year is spring!

• Like 1

we get blackcaps in the garden and when I heard this bird singing that is what I thought it was, I agree it does seem a bit early, and by the sound of its song its definitely a warbler.

Warblers wouldn't be singing this early mate I wouldn't think..... that bird is a dunnock, without a shadow of a doubt.

I just listened to the audio of a dunnock singing,i did not no they sang like that,always thought they were quiet skulking little birds. This bird was high up in the tree and seemed a lot lighter in colour than the dunnocks I normally see in the garden, but after hearing that song I think it was a dunnock.

love the longtailed tits nests

Aye , it's a work of art made from Lichen, Moss and cobwebs.

They are unbelievable and take many weeks to make.

The LTT isn't actually a tit, it is a branch off from the group of birds collectively known as babblers.

I have a great fondness for them, hand reared a clutch about 2005 i think....

post-16-0-86871800-1428057460.jpg

• Like 4

Read an article ones where someone had sripped a long tailed tits nest and it contained hundreds of feathers, cant exactly remeber the number but it was massive..

go out now and try and find some feathers, see how many you get...

Found three ltt nest last year, everyone fell foul to magpies

I would be surprised if a blue tit has young at this time of year. There is no food for the young. In fact, I'd go further and say that I would be surprised to see a blue tit on eggs even.

The way to tell if the wren is using the nest is to look for a feathered lining....and fresh moss to the entrance hole....

Cock nests are always bare.

iv got pics of a robins on eggs and 2 longtail tits nests with eggs in so dont see why a blue tit wont be on eggs

I would be surprised if a blue tit has young at this time of year. There is no food for the young. In fact, I'd go further and say that I would be surprised to see a blue tit on eggs even.

The way to tell if the wren is using the nest is to look for a feathered lining....and fresh moss to the entrance hole....

Cock nests are always bare.

iv got pics of a robins on eggs and 2 longtail tits nests with eggs in so dont see why a blue tit wont be on eggs

Trust me...they won't. Both robin and Ltt are early breeders, blue tits are not. :victory:

You can easily prove me wrong pip, just check a few nest boxes out and see how many eggs you find.....

• Like 1