alright fellas,

after shooting air rifles for a good while and amassing quite a collection iv decided to bite the bullet and get a cabinet, the problem is the only place I can site it is under the stairs, but the only outside wall under there has all the electrics and gas meter on and the gas pipes run through the wall. I know it will be fine atm for air rifles but im looking at getting a sgc at some point in the future, so basically will they sign it off if its bolted into solid floor and plasterboard on the back?

Don't you have a built in wardrobe you can put it inside?

Another option is in the loft as most non detached houses have the party wall made out of brick. Some detached houses have brick gable ends.

Worst comes to the worst, buy a cheap wardrobe, don't fit the back, fasten the cabinet to a solid wall and then place it over the cabinet. Cabinet is now out of sight.

Better still is a custom hidden cabinet but they cost mega £'s.

don't have a wardrobe with outside walls in our room, its fitted so cant move it round and its not big enough as it is, cant get another wardrobe in and I need a decent sized cabinet. kids are in other bedrooms.

Have an outside wall in the loft and its bricked between next door but loft hatch is high up over landing and it gets condensation sometimes so didnt fancy that.

can get size I need under stairs out of view but not on outside wall as above, if I bang it down to floor with m12 chem bolts it aint being shifted but whether they will accept it for sgc or fac or not prob be easier to pull the board out at the back and block it up if I put in for ticket.

Edited by treecreeper

just incase anyone was interested or has the same issue, the answer to my question is yes, as long as there is no gap between the wall and the back of the cabinet ie remove skirting board and you have a solid floor.

Edited by treecreeper
  • Like 1