.22Lr On An 8 Acre Stable, A A New Fac Holder

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never say never, lots of people get an Open/Unrestricted FAC at first grant, but admittedly the majority don't seem to.   Mentoring has been done away with in just the same way every region have bee

It would be the same abarrett....we were in the same truck lol

I don't think many would disagree at all, but the real world just isn't that simple sometimes!

If the land has already been passed for firearms you will be able to shoot on it with your closed certificate

I think that should read if it's been passed for firearms of your calibre.

maybe it should perhaps i should have put the exact wording of the clauses on the firearms certificate or perhaps i didn't want to spend ages typing stuff and decided to point the op in the right direction. Atb Roy

I appreciate that Roy and I wasn't trying to be pedantic. :thumbs:

It's just very slightly dangerous putting up an abbreviated version as the OP asked that if the land was passed for "FAC" was it OK to use his rifles. So he could take it as read that if eg it's passed for FAC Air, it's automatically been passed for all FAC including eg .22LR, or if it's passed for .22LR, it's automatically passed for .17 HMR, which isn't the case unless it says the calibre or in the case of a generalised rimfire permission, "rimfire".

Never say never, lots of people get an Open/Unrestricted FAC at first grant, but admittedly the majority don't seem to.

Mentoring has been done away with in just the same way every region have been advised to use AOLQ. :laugh::hmm::whistling:

Never take anyones word for land being cleared, always check with the region yourself. :thumbs:

• Like 3

How do you you check what calibre land is cleared for? My licensing dept is lancs and I have a large permission in Cumbria so will they contact the Cumbria dept to see if it's been passed? Also what if one of your farmers acquires more land? Does that/those new fields need to be seperatly approved for a certain calibre or is it just the farm in general that gets the nod?

The last time I went to luck yard farm there was 2 feet of snow and we had to carry all our bags and stuff up the hill to the farm! It was an experience that's for sure!

Same here . Half a dozen of us went in the February a few years back

Snow that deep even the 4x4s wouldn't get up the drive.

We have been a few times it's a good laugh shoot some clays put some targets up there's even trout in the pools

But there is not a rabbit,pigeon,squirral or fox for about 30 mile of the place

The last time I went to luck yard farm there was 2 feet of snow and we had to carry all our bags and stuff up the hill to the farm! It was an experience that's for sure!

Same here . Half a dozen of us went in the February a few years back

Snow that deep even the 4x4s wouldn't get up the drive.

We have been a few times it's a good laugh shoot some clays put some targets up there's even trout in the pools

But there is not a rabbit,pigeon,squirral or fox for about 30 mile of the place

It would be the same abarrett....we were in the same truck lol
  • Like 2