Arrrgh! Me Knees.

Hello Shropshire Mole!

Yep! Mine did too, I tape my elasticated velcro straps at the joint with gaffer tape to stop them coming undone.

I wash my kneeling pads after regular use with mild disinfectant,as they can mess up quickly, depending on the weather, I also keep a spare pair in my truck, in case they get wet or caked in mud. I always wear good quality nitrile gloves when moleing / trapping / gutting etc (to combat Weils disease etc and also clean my hands with antibacterial hand gel or dettol wipes after working.

ATB,

D.

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pmsl ya ald buggars lol   Sound like the "last of the summer wine" goes mole catching lol.   Atvb

Bit a WD40 around the joints should sort it!?

Dickies work trousers with knee pads in them under a pair of shower-proof leggings when the ground is wet.

had to read this, this year my knees have been giving me real problems, I wear farmer's parlour trousers to keep me dry, but they don't last two weeks due to holes n stuff, wear them back to front when the holes appear they might last three weeks. So I paid £76.00 for

Seeland Crieff Waterproof AND Thorn-proof Over Trousers

What a load of shit, damp knees first day, worse 2nd day, totally wet through third, and to add insult, they split at the crotch area...

Still waiting on

MARSHFARMCOUNTRYSUPPLIES.CO.UK

for a refund, they say they have to send them back to SEELAND to see if they are faulty.... ermm, they are not waterproof and the stitching is coming apart...

just a little bit annoyed !!

SJ

They are pulling your plonker mate. It is the retailer's responsibility to refund or replace anything not of 'merchantable quality'. They call the shots, not the supplier.

Any problems go to the Citizen's Advice place or look up Sale of Goods Act on Google for a quick reference.

I've just had a message from them, they have been sent back to Seeland for inspection: They they go into a queue at Seeland..... I bet that's a big f***ing queue, judging by the quality..

• Like 1

had to read this, this year my knees have been giving me real problems, I wear farmer's parlour trousers to keep me dry, but they don't last two weeks due to holes n stuff, wear them back to front when the holes appear they might last three weeks. So I paid £76.00 for

Seeland Crieff Waterproof AND Thorn-proof Over Trousers

What a load of shit, damp knees first day, worse 2nd day, totally wet through third, and to add insult, they split at the crotch area...

Still waiting on

MARSHFARMCOUNTRYSUPPLIES.CO.UK

for a refund, they say they have to send them back to SEELAND to see if they are faulty.... ermm, they are not waterproof and the stitching is coming apart...

just a little bit annoyed !!

SJ

They are pulling your plonker mate. It is the retailer's responsibility to refund or replace anything not of 'merchantable quality'. They call the shots, not the supplier.

Any problems go to the Citizen's Advice place or look up Sale of Goods Act on Google for a quick reference.

I've just had a message from them, they have been sent back to Seeland for inspection: They they go into a queue at Seeland..... I bet that's a big f***ing queue, judging by the quality..

My advice is to go to the shop and ask for your money back. Under the Sale of Goods Act the retailer, not the supplier is responsible for refunds or exchanges. If they refuse just advise them that you are going to contact the Trading Standards Department. Every town and city have one and that is what they deal with.

This explains your rights: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product#link-2

Re : 377s, thanks for the heads up.

Yes - i use them daily, they are a cracking pair of gloves! Plus they last for ages! Worth a fiver of any ones dinero IMO. As the old saying goes - buy cheap = you buy twice!

I wear nitrile gloves, when setting traps / gutting etc, as they allow more touch + feel,plus provide protection against diseases etc, i have a tried a few makes over the years, i highly recommend N-Dex Plus. ( downside is they only come in a box of 50 ) followed by Black Mamba Torque Grips,both American gloves, but available in the UK,

" ont tinternet " @ double the USA price!!! I used to use Touch N Tuff nitriles, until i tried N-dex+. The only downside with nitriles, i use the stainless traps from TFP, so they are slightly stronger than normal barrels,it flippin hurts if trap your finger joint in them, especially when its cold!! It would bring a tear to a glass eye!

ATB,

D.