Arrrgh! Me Knees.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pmsl ya ald buggars lol   Sound like the "last of the summer wine" goes mole catching lol.   Atvb

Bit a WD40 around the joints should sort it!?

Dickies work trousers with knee pads in them under a pair of shower-proof leggings when the ground is wet.

Have a word with Harry Potter, may have a potion for Levitation!! If you could bring the ground up to waist level, then that will reduce any knee problems :boogy: :boogy:

Perhaps on a more serious note, wear leggings -prolonged cold & wet knees and pain go together, wear good quality knee pads, reduce your age, bet you never had any problems aged 20 or 30.

I had a cartlidge repair to my knee a couple of years ago, told my knee was a grade 3, asked if that was good? Consultant said they only go up to grade 4, oh dear

Wait till year sixteen! Lol.

Until three years ago I just knelt on the floor but at the end of a full day on it in cold weather I could literally struggle to depress the clutch to change gear, go to bed with freezing cold knees and wake up with them still cold in the morning.

Mel picked me up one of the kneeling garden foam jobbies, wow, hooked onto the bucket and weighs nothing, but revolutionized my moleing, it's sheer luxury.

Thanks everyone.

I went out today and bought a pair of the very biggest, most heavily padded knee pads I could find. So big in fact, that now when I kneel down I can pull my hood up and cast a shadow that looks a lot like a cock & balls; which IMO is well worth buying them for on its own.

Anyway, here’s the interesting thing; on the packet there was this Health & Safety warning: ‘Kneel upright, do not sit on heels and move around.’ So, who knew, there’s a right and wrong way to kneel down! Might be where I’m going wrong.

im on year 26 now and just about every joint in my body hurts after a day molein. best thing iv found are deerhunter almati trousers there waterproof you can put pads in the knees and you can even get a fleece lining for really cold days.

Those Almati trousers look like the dogs danglies....... I've been coveting a pair myself for two seasons now...... sadly, the budget never seems to be up to it, but one day.....

For now, I'm wearing neoprene bib and brace jobbies that set me back £54. They are great on the quad in wet weather, and keep my knees dry, but they are very hot when the sun shines.....