Refund?

I bought a well bred gsp bitch pup at 8 weeks old from reliable lines and gave her a good overhaul before handing over the £750. I checked her mouth and her bite was perfect, however 6 weeks on I have noticed she now has an undershot jaw! Only slightly but still undershot. I was just wanting some opinions on what I should do. Is it a risk you take when purchasing a pup or should I ask for a refund because at the end of the day I've paid fill whack for something that I can't even take a litter out of if she makes the grade. I don't breed dogs for money but I don't buy pups very often as i take a litter as and when I need a replacement to my team. Any suggestions?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh dear never mind if it turns out to be a great worker eh but you might never be able to have puppies. Money, money money.

I would think the chance of a refund would be less than zero. YOU "gave her a good overall" so it was you that picked the pup. Living,breathing animals are not manufactured.

with livestock you pays your money and takes your chance.always been that way in these parts.

I wouldn't worry yet. There is so much going on in a pups mouth at that age with loosing milk teeth, fitting adult teeth into jaws that haven't yet developed properly and the mouth itself not yet finished growing that I would say that the lower jaw will probably lengthen and fit back in properly. I had similar worries with my GSD pup but at around 8 months old they just straightened themselves out and all is fine.

I'm feeding her burns puppy chicken and rice and at £41 a bag I hope it's got everything she needs including vitamin b!

I'm not really saying it is going to hinder her working ability but I would like to think that paying what I did for her I would be able to take 1 litter from her if she made the grade to replace my retired dogs. Obviously I can't now because I wouldnt dream of taking a litter out of a dog with any deformities.

Oh dear never mind if it turns out to be a great worker eh but you might never be able to have puppies. Money, money money.

• Like 4

Lab,

Not Monet,money,money if you read my original post, I only take a litter once out of any of my best dogs to replace what's growing old, do NOT accuse someone who is doing no wrong, DONT comment if you don't know what you are talking about

Lab,

Not Monet,money,money if you read my original post, I only take a litter once out of any of my best dogs to replace what's growing old, do NOT accuse someone who is doing no wrong, DONT comment if you don't know what you are talking about

Your more interested in worrying about pups than if the dog becomes a decent worker. That's wrong. You were looking for opinions and you got mine.

• Like 1

Hes not even saying that hes saying hes paid 750 for a dog with a bad jaw and that he cant even keep a pup back out of when he needs one .

just see what its like when its older should come right if its only slight . good look hope it comes right for ya . i would ring the breeders just to put them in the picture .

Hes not even saying that hes saying hes paid 750 for a dog with a bad jaw and that he cant even keep a pup back out of when he needs one .

just see what its like when its older should come right if its only slight . good look hope it comes right for ya . i would ring the breeders just to put them in the picture .

It's got 'maybe' an undershot jaw....what does that matter??

First and foremost its a working dog that's going to give you 'maybe' up to 12 years of happy memories. The first thing on your mind should not be 'shit I can't have pups!!'

• Like 1

Got to dissagree if i was looking for a bitch to work and hopefully give me a pup back in the future i'd want it to be right

So if it was an undershot jaw would you worry.? I mean if the bitch was a cracking worker you could line her and take your pick....what you do with the other pups would be your choice.

• Like 2

I wouldnt care aslong as she worked but i certanly wouldnt take a litter out of her never mind how good she was with having faults obviously the parents havent been tested and looked over . thats why there so much shite about with problems. thats why ive gone to germany to get a dog because they wouldnt have it over there people breed out of owt over here.

• Like 1

lab you've got it all wrong, I didn't say all im bothered about is pups, I said if it makes the grade I would like to take a pup out of it rather than shelling £750 every time I need a dog. I cant afford to replace one or two out of my team of 13 every year at this price. as far as breeding a dog with a bad jaw you are an idiot if you think you can pick from the litter what you want, as I said before read the post and you will see that the jaw on the dog was fine at eight weeks old when I picked it up so how can you pick a good one if you take a litter??????. No wonder dogs have things like this pop up if people like you aren't bothered. you shouldn't be allowed to breed anything with that attitude.

Edited by killer 5