Latest Knife On The Go.

DSCF0910_zpsesf0gqlz.jpg

DSCF0909_zpsppimwpxy.jpg

Thanks Rio, very interesting stuff.

I must admit i like the ease of use of this Z-poxy. As can be seen, i now have the scales in place. Just the pins to work on now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished now. I'm very pleased indeed with it. I'm glad i used the black micarta, i normally prefer a light colour, but this worked great with the brass.        

Nice looking, rugged knife! I make knives, as well, small, traditional hunters mostly. Allthough I prefer hidden tangs.       www.fetting-messer.com   Regards Nicolas

Sorry you can't see it very well. Its 52100 bearing steel, with black palm handle. Photo of Bear ( Ralph ) with it in Ohio, USA. He rather liked it.

i rang a company thismorning about heat treatement re d2 company is only 7 miles from me they can do it no problem there is a minimum charge but cost efective for say 10 or more blades .ican buy d2 no problem .the one issue is dont ffs let it go blunt its a whore to sharpen ,, having said that with modern diamond stones itll be a breeze

Good to hear about that company for you.

I have a few sharpening systems, to work on with this blade. I'd like to use the proper wet stones but i don't find them easy.

I like the first scale a good fit, and glue fully set, then drill through that one,- then get a good fit and glue fully set on the second scale, then drill through from the first one, that way i know everything will be ok. I know it takes me a bit longer, but i don't make many knives, so have plenty of time.

• 2 months later...

Finished now. I'm very pleased indeed with it. I'm glad i used the black micarta, i normally prefer a light colour, but this worked great with the brass.

DSCF0950_zpshaab3f9k.jpg

DSCF0949_zpsszlymauv.jpg

DSCF0948_zps3skhpy6f.jpg

DSCF0947_zpsuzmdxwl7.jpg

DSCF0944_zpsjubbwseu.jpg

• Like 11
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...