Heat Lamp Fault

Guest alcapone

Ive 3 heat lamps that have been on,all different makes,the first one the bulb completly shattered over the dog,the second lamp,the bulb kept coming loose and turning off,the lamps were on 25/7 over the cold spell,the third is on a timer and is on 12hrs just,gone in this evening and the bulb has sheared off at the base and sat in the guard fcukd,ive never known them blow before and ive used them all my life,they are inside sheds too not damp or wet,anyone else had this and anyone know what the problem is?

Weird. Same thing happened to me. Back in January i had two litters of piglets separate sides of the shed.

So first heat lamp shattered, into tiny pieces all over pigs. Second one kept loosening and turning off eventually it snapped off leaving the wires still in the socket.

The one that kept loosening I thought had been the pig hitting against it.

Weird. Same thing happened to me. Back in January i had two litters of piglets separate sides of the shed.

So first heat lamp shattered, into tiny pieces all over pigs. Second one kept loosening and turning off eventually it snapped off leaving the wires still in the socket.

no i have had loads go the same way, just crack off where the glass meets the metal at the bottom

no i have had loads go the same way, just crack off where the glass meets the metal at the bottom

yes that's the one thought it really odd never saw it before, not easy to get back out sure it's not :laugh: