Pair Of Stoats On A Mouse

Doesn't look that life like to me, the front stoats legs look wrong and the mouse looks like it's running like a greyhound ! Just my opinion mate and not having a go for sake of it.

If I was the size of that mouse and those two f*ckers were chasing me I would be running like a greyhound as well ffs, what you expect the mouse to do? Stand there with its fists up? Instead of comparing the man's work to others, try applauding him for his own :thumbs:
Mmmm yes......thanks for your insight
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my latest mount pair of stoats hunting down a field mouse thought i would share some pics with you fellas cheers R

Breathtaking, without a doubt IMO the best work you have ever done. And that takes Some doing seeing your other pieces.   TC

Excellent AGAIN Rob , Bell There's A Difference Between Critisism , 1 Can Be Constructive The Other Can Be Insulting , I Think Your Coming Across Wrong & Your Trying To Be Constructive ?? Your Fri

Posted Images

Excellent AGAIN Rob , Bell There's A Difference Between Critisism , 1 Can Be Constructive The Other Can Be Insulting , I Think Your Coming Across Wrong & Your Trying To Be Constructive ?? Your Friends Work Is Exellent . . But Its His Proffesion So It a Should Be , Wheras This Bloke Obviously Does It For A Hobby , But I Believe His Work Would Grace Any Ones Collection & Surely We All Can't Be Wrong When Commenting How Good His Work Is ??

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi rob I'm all for constructive criticism but this guy just wants to rubbish your work. He needs to watch how a mouse actually runs and how a stoat acts on the pounce. But hey what do I know I'm only an amateur and I'm sure he's really happy dealing with his guild dermist.

Rob58, have you ever looked at some of Carl Churchs work, or Mike Gadd? Very good stuff. Don't let things bother you as everyone has an opinion, I don't think the lad was being nasty. You will always get somekind of criticism, especially when you get more better at a certain subject.

• Like 2

Bell is talking about Mike Gadd and he is one of the best taxidermists in the country.

For my penny worth regarding Robs Taxidermy mounts. It is obvious he loves doing his Taxidermy items and that clearly shows and I wish him well in his future work. However, what I have found through seeing a lot of work done over the years,is that even the top guys in the business always seem better at doing certain specimens than others. For example Rob has mounted certain Red foxes, but they for some reason just didn't look quite like the arctic fox he did, meaning of course they didn't look quite the natural thing. But to be brutally honest I certainly couldn't work to such standards due to the fact I have decided in life to pursue a different line of interests and other passions in life. I'd further say by this time next year Robs work will be even more of an higher standard. Constructive criticism is always a good thing as it gives you the drive to carry on, to prove oneself perhaps. Onto Bells comments I don't think for one moment he is pulling down Robs work; just read his posts? He has stated he likes some of his work and rightly so, however, he perhaps like many others have seen certain points that could be improved upon. 'It makes a change to see some good Taxidermy items being produced". Carl Church and Mike Gadd are very good Taxidermists. The best foxes mask I have ever seen was of a large dog fox which was killed by the famous terrier man (Bert Gripton) and was displayed upon his wall. Keep up the good work. Lutra ....

• Like 1