Imprint Goshawk Book Recomendations Please

RIP.JD

Hi Gents, I am getting an imprint Gos next year, can any one recommend any books please. I've not flown an imprint before...I have someone to help and advise, however just want to do research/get through summer while not flying ?.

Regards

Oooh...have you got neighbours?? lol

The imprint Accipiter by Mike McDermott

Understanding Goshawks by Daryl A Perkins

The latter isn't strictly about imprints, but the author has a lot of experience with them & a large part of the book refers to them. I really liked this book, but he does conclude flying a parent reared is more pleasurable ;-)

.....& if things don't go plain sailing with your imprint, I recommend Accipitrine Behaviour Problems, Diagnosis & Treatment. also by Mike McDermott......a very interesting book, but if I was you I would get them all!

Thankfully I don't have neighbours, just a wife who may moan more than neighbours ?... Not to worry, she will get used to it ?..

It's already imprinted so expecting worst, anything else is a bonus

Thanks, I will get on Amazon...

Regard

• Like 1

Pete Smith's book is ok.

I have not heard anything great about the books mentioned in above post. Never read them myself though.

On a side note, I have an imprint gos and a parent reared one and to be honest I prefer the parent reared.

Cheers

Pete Smith's book is ok.I have not heard anything great about the books mentioned in above post. Never read them myself though.On a side note, I have an imprint gos and a parent reared one and to be honest I prefer the parent reared.Cheers

Well worth reading, I used a combination of ideas & information from those books when approaching my first gos......& I had great results! believe me, I've read everything else out there, including the Peter smith book & they barely scratch the surface with goshawks......Atb

Thanks for help, it's a bit of an unexpected project to be honest. She's already imprinted and no idea how she will handle or preform.. I Just hope it's possible to manage bad habits out if there are any. I'm positive she will be better off than were she was in any event