Will A Vet Do It?

I purchased a springer spaniel which had already passed through 3 pairs of hands, he was not trained as a gundog and had not had his tail docked.

I managed to get him picking up pigeons during a hectic summers decoying and got him steady enough to take beating all week on a commercial shoot, mind you although he's good at sweeping after the pickers have gone through he's fine on the partridge but a bit hard mouthed on pheasants.

The problem I have is that after his first season he's smashed the end of his tail up and turns it into a bright red and blooded extremely sore mess every time we go out, will a vet dock it now and if so how much do you think it will cost me?

any advice gladly recieved

Would you believe it.Going through the same thing exactly. Someone , who I'm inclined to agree with, has suggested lamb ring.This , and I haven't done it yet seems to be the best option. Pain free and let's face it, not expensive.

• Like 1

Would you believe it.Going through the same thing exactly. Someone , who I'm inclined to agree with, has suggested lamb ring.This , and I haven't done it yet seems to be the best option. Pain free and let's face it, not expensive.

2 years prison and unlimited fine for illegally docking plus conviction for cruelty and probable ban on owning animals for life aye seems a good option NOT

• Like 7

Coincidence times 2 as your username, jok, is the last three letters of my Landover reg plate and hence it's nickname..... sad or what lol

my brother inlaw got give a spaniel bitch with a long tail which he got working and also had the problem of the end bleeding during and after working her. vet took it off no problem. i can not remember what he was charged for it though.

Dowdings vets at Gainsborough did my mates springer last year for exactly the same reason. Needs to be done a good few montsh before the season starts again as they can take a good while to heal when done when there fully grown

• Like 1

Rubber rings are no good on an older dog the bones will be to strong.

Not so true mate!!

Enlighten us then.

Enlighten you on what? Lamb rings will work on whatever you put them on, warts on horses, casturating lambs, removing there tails, that's there purpose. Putting them on a dog you are doing so at your own risk as has been said. It's upto the individual if they want to risk it. Will it work? Yes most definitely.

Rubber rings are no good on an older dog the bones will be to strong.

Not so true mate!!

Enlighten us then.

Enlighten you on what? Lamb rings will work on whatever you put them on, warts on horses, casturating lambs, removing there tails, that's there purpose. Putting them on a dog you are doing so at your own risk as has been said. It's upto the individual if they want to risk it. Will it work? Yes most definitely.

If your a cruel enough c##t to do it.