World Down Syndrome Day :) Happy Hunting

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

World Down syndrome day today as some of you know my lad tig has downs into his shooting dogs and ferrets happy hunting everyone from bud and tig   TIG Your birth brought us closer As

The day he started mainstream primary is amongst the proudest moments of my life

Brilliant post. That second pictures fantastic he looks proud as punch with them birds!   Everytime I'm in my sisters day centre (adults with learning difficulties) I come out smiling. I swear I cou

Posted Images

I'm fighting a tear or 2 here and it's not in my favour.

As somebody said earlier kids make a house a home.

My wife was offered screening in her last pregnancy because it f her age but turned it down. The way we looked at it was we'd love our child like the others unconditionally.

A touch of going soft but Bud they are cracking words.

• Like 5

Not ashamed to say your poem brought a tear to my eye. I had a mate in primary school with Downs, never known a sweeter or more kindhearted person. Sadly he died age 13, still think about him a lot.

• Like 3

Your birth brought us closer

As death lingered near

Your strength as you struggled

Gave flight to our fear

Down syndrome they whispered

Minutes after your birth

Two words that portrayed

A false image of your worth

Im no good at deep emotional stuff but stone the crows these 2 verses and the pictures have just put a few things in perspective......You sound like a good person and your lad looks as happy as any child could look so rather than patronize you with " well done fair play " sort of stuff i,ll simply go with thankyou for such a nice post :thumbs:

• Like 6

Gnash no offence but I don't see how saying Fairplay is been patronizing i said Fairplay to him and his son. Iv son with special needs and I know how hard it is to keep upbeat that's why I said Fairplay. And others might not know what else to say I get told Fairplay all the time I dont find it patronizing. Atb Peter

Edited by peterhunter86

Gnash no offence but I don't see how saying Fairplay is been patronizing i said Fairplay to him and his son. Iv son with special needs and I know how hard it is to keep upbeat that's why I said Fairplay. And others might not know what else to say I get told Fairplay all the time I dont find it patronizing. Atb Peter

Oh sorry Pete i meant no offence......i hadnt looked through the posts to see who said what to be honest i just thought it seemed the natural thing to say yet when i thought about it....it actually seemed totally innappropriate to say well done to a man for being a father......i always put my foot in it when i try to do the caring sensitive bit....sorry mate :D

• Like 2