1/4 Saluki ,3/4 Greyhound

I have a saluki whip grey back to a grey, only 1/8 saluki, I think that it has a bit more wind and better recovery than it would if it didn't have that bit of saluki but still could do with a bit more stamina, would 1/4 saluki have a lot more wind or would it not be that much difference, also are the feet good on a 1/4 saluki 3/4 grey? A half cross would be to slow on the fields by me for rabbiting

• 2 weeks later...

My pals half n half is good on rabbits in short or big land and seen it do it on the hills as well but maybe a one of

line bred saluki lurcher would be your best bet, entered right wil do most task with good feet and plenty of wind :thumbs:

Some half x sal greys are flying machines

I don't know anything about Salukis but if a Saluki Greyhound couldn't catch rabbits for fun then I would be shocked.

:laugh:

My pals half n half is good on rabbits in short or big land and seen it do it on the hills as well but maybe a one of

line bred saluki lurcher would be your best bet, entered right wil do most task with good feet and plenty of wind :thumbs:

Some half x sal greys are flying machines

I don't know anything about Salukis but if a Saluki Greyhound couldn't catch rabbits for fun then I would be shocked.

Where have you been hiding Dan, thought you'd been swallowed up by a big old yote :laugh:

Naw I been sailing the ocean blue on a pirate ship chasing treasures and exotic women.

Good man, time to take the eye patch off and get out on the land, mouse hunting season is now in full swing :laugh:

Hope his dogs are brindle, always make better mouse hounds :thumbs:, oh yeah almost forgot, as long as they wearing a shiny collar! lol :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark

Brindle collar made from bridal leather shined up with beeswax and fitted with brass for a 3 out of 3 regular

And the dogs have to be at least 27" tts, any shorter and they just don't have the necessary field of vision, especially if the light reflects off the shiny collar and/or brass fittings into the dog's eyes and momentarily blinds the dog :laugh:, mind, saying that I'm assuming said mice would be lamped?! lol :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...