The Bull X

After reading a good few topics and posts on here about bull xs I was wondering why the bull x gets such a bad name I have owned a number of bull xs over the years and find them to be a good breed to own easy to train and loads of prey drive and good with kids its a shame that the breed doesn't get more praise from people. What's your opinions on this ? atb SR.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imo the Bulldog is one of mans greatest creations, but the UK turned their back on it, let labour f**k it up again with their bans (lazy politics), KC ruined the staff and the idiots bred shit for cas

they came in to fashion and numptys who seen them has a status symbol a cock extension then substandard breeding and bad handling all contributed to there bad name like you and bird said easy to tra

Couple of things - Jm and DF - I really like, respect and have a lot of time for bull blooded dogs, both using a bit of bull in a mixed breed lurcher, and as a 'proper' bull x. Yes I probably did gene

After reading a good few topics and posts on here about bull xs I was wondering why the bull x gets such a bad name I have owned a number of bull xs over the years and find them to be a good breed to own easy to train and loads of prey drive and good with kids its a shame that the breed doesn't get more praise from people. What's your opinions on this ? atb SR.

I ve had 3 pitxs and pure ,and I never had any probs with there temps, either with other dogs or people , I nfact ive had other lurchers that had no pit in them that were nasty with dogs+people . I found them good dogs that give 100% on the job in front of them. t he only thing for me was , that they lacked stamina and agilty when I worked them. they did well for what they were, but other xs I found were better with the above. I am taking here on straight pit x greys, not salukixs with pit in or colliexs with pit in, as there throw a difdernt type bullx with the other breed added . I know few lads with salukixs with bull in and collixs with bull and there doing great job with good stamina fast/agile dogs. I like about 1/4 bull in alurcher it deff sparks the dog up :yes:

• Like 3

they came in to fashion and numptys who seen them has a status symbol a cock extension then substandard breeding and bad handling all contributed to there bad name like you and bird said easy to train good round the home great with kids and other dogs some were natural retrievers live to hand and has ray said seen other crosses that were more trouble than there worth the best thing that could happen to the bullx is it falls out of fashion and let the few who do work them correctly breed and keep them tight and like you say ray a bit of the right bull has a lot to offer in a lurchers make up

• Like 7

Imo the Bulldog is one of mans greatest creations, but the UK turned their back on it, let labour f**k it up again with their bans (lazy politics), KC ruined the staff and the idiots bred shit for cash, anyone who wants to produce a good bull x you have to put the work in, most people wont they'll use the staffy next door, and wonder why there dog doesn't have pace or stamina

• Like 8

Bulls have a bad name even without the x and any ignorant dickhead who has never owned one usually jumps on the band wagon.

When I was looking around for mine around the end of last summer, some of the shit I was reading would put any 1st time bullx owner off.

So my opinion would be exactly the same as yours simon.

• Like 2

I'm very happy with my bull x.just finished her first season and her willingness to hunt is unreal.

Mine has not even had a season and is the same. Was in the local park yesyerday and jumped a small fence after 2 Canadian geese and straight in the lake after them. He is coming along very nicely and I am more than happy with him.

I'm very happy with my bull x.just finished her first season and her willingness to hunt is unreal.

Mine has not even had a season and is the same. Was in the local park yesyerday and jumped a small fence after 2 Canadian geese and straight in the lake after them. He is coming along very nicely and I am more than happy with him.

You can be fined up to £20,000 or sent to prison for up to 6 months (or both) if your dog is deemed dangerously out of control in a public place.

"Coming along very nicely" ?

• Like 2

I ve had 3 pitxs and pure ,and I never had any probs with there temps, either with other dogs or people , I nfact ive had other lurchers that had no pit in them that were nasty with dogs+people . I found them good dogs that give 100% on the job in front of them. t he only thing for me was , that they lacked stamina and agilty when I worked them. they did well for what they were, but other xs I found were better with the above. I am taking here on straight pit x greys, not salukixs with pit in or colliexs with pit in, as there throw a difdernt type bullx with the other breed added . I know few lads with salukixs with bull in and collixs with bull and there doing great job with good stamina fast/agile dogs. I like about 1/4 bull in alurcher it deff sparks the dog up :yes:

Interesting Bird. I would have thought a match bred bull would need good wind and agility/flexibility too. You're not the first person to say this but you'd think an animal that may need to do a couple of hours when Fit would have stamina aplenty.

Never owned one so only musing really

• Like 2

Interesting Bird. I would have thought a match bred bull would need good wind and agility/flexibility too. You're not the first person to say this but you'd think an animal that may need to do a couple of hours when Fit would have stamina aplenty.

Wouldn't that be a different kind of stamina though to running?

For example I've done a bit of MMA grappling and it takes it out of you. Over the weeks you can build up your fitness and stamina so you can grapple for longer. But that wouldn't mean I could run flat out for the same length of time.

Just throwing ideas about?

• Like 1

You can be fined up to £20,000 or sent to prison for up to 6 months (or both) if your dog is deemed dangerously out of control in a public place.

"Coming along very nicely"

It was the 1st time he has been there off the lead around geese, no harm was caused and he will not be off his lead again around them. And yes gaz he is coming along very nicely.

Some of the geese around the same lake need to be put on a lead and muzzle, seen them running a few kids carrying a loaf and the squirrels have had to have their teeth removed because they been biting dogs. The squirrels owner didn't fancy 6 months or the fine.

Don't mind you informing me and others of the consequences, but don't like your sarcasm about my dog coming along nicely, when you don't know me or my dog. The post I quoted says about prey drive, which my pup has in abundance.

• Like 2

Wouldn't that be a different kind of stamina though to running?

For example I've done a bit of MMA grappling and it takes it out of you. Over the weeks you can build up your fitness and stamina so you can grapple for longer. But that wouldn't mean I could run flat out for the same length of time.

Just throwing ideas about?

I'd disagree the fighting dog uses its legs not only as its platform but as tool like you said for grappling, if a dog can throw it around for 2hours with an animal of similar calibre with little rest inbetween it must take some stamina, or could it just be the gameness? not a 100% jmo

• Like 1