Poaching D$$$Heads

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you have never been out and seen a decent bull xs 90 per cent plenty get used without a motor and whats makes you think its only bullxs used from a bus another ill informed comment

First time iv ever heard of someone losing permission they never even had,just go somewhere else where you not got any lol

There is a world of difference between catching a couple of rabbits on someone's land and leaving the place as if you were never there, and breaking down fences and driving all over someone's land the

Posted Images

I wasn't poaching I was old fashioned mooching ,I am not whining about taking the odd bunnie but these boys didn't give a fek who they upset and what damage they did big difference ,and no farmer is going to write you a letter saying you can run big ears is he ? So we had an understanding ,he is an old fella who knows me and knows that I respect the land I walk upon atb BB

• Like 5

It's also down to the land. You couldn't drive the land round here, its a nightmare of hedges, ditches, woods, streams, fences etc etc etc.

Some places, arable land, it's just massive expanses of stubble, with open gateways. . . . driving is just more efficient. Mind you every field, we always check if its been sown, and if there is no head land, we don't go on it . . . simple as. Look after the farmers, they are your friends.

Simplest way to look at it, is that it's just a way to shine your lamp on more ground per night than on foot, and in some places thats what you need.

Would never do it poaching though, just seems like a c*nts trick.

yeh as you say some places got to be on foot mate, but regards poaching everybody jumped over a fence mate its human nature . it like somebody saying that ground over there there tons of rabbits on there but it hot, so year after year you leave it alone , and you still catching say your odd few legal rabbits. then one night you say feck it I going to get me a good bag , and jump over the fence (human nature ) made you do that and people always will :yes: . but I will admit it must be nice to have loads of legal ground with game on it, but you never be there on your own , not when Mr human nature popped out 5 mins before you lol

I didn't mea poaching in general, I meant in a 4x4. . . it's one thing jumping a mans fences. . . driving through them kind of takes the piss lol,

• Like 2

It's also down to the land. You couldn't drive the land round here, its a nightmare of hedges, ditches, woods, streams, fences etc etc etc.

Some places, arable land, it's just massive expanses of stubble, with open gateways. . . . driving is just more efficient. Mind you every field, we always check if its been sown, and if there is no head land, we don't go on it . . . simple as. Look after the farmers, they are your friends.

Simplest way to look at it, is that it's just a way to shine your lamp on more ground per night than on foot, and in some places thats what you need.

Would never do it poaching though, just seems like a c*nts trick.

yeh as you say some places got to be on foot mate, but regards poaching everybody jumped over a fence mate its human nature . it like somebody saying that ground over there there tons of rabbits on there but it hot, so year after year you leave it alone , and you still catching say your odd few legal rabbits. then one night you say feck it I going to get me a good bag , and jump over the fence (human nature ) made you do that and people always will :yes: . but I will admit it must be nice to have loads of legal ground with game on it, but you never be there on your own , not when Mr human nature popped out 5 mins before you lol

I didn't mea poaching in general, I meant in a 4x4. . . it's one thing jumping a mans fences. . . driving through them kind of takes the piss lol,

ok jai :thumbs:

So you were poachinh and are now whining about it?

Its there perogative if they want to poach

There is a world of difference between catching a couple of rabbits on someone's land and leaving the place as if you were never there, and breaking down fences and driving all over someone's land then acting with violence when caught.

One is a time honoured tradition, the other is a bunch of criminal thugs that should be nowhere near the countryside.

Same sort of people who fly tip, not countrymen, just arseholes.

• Like 10

Poachings poaching.... the guys would lose there equipment same as you would if caught on foot.

where did this smashing fences come from? The op never ssid that and basically said he was running hares so hardly just taking the odd bunny.

unless its wet seeded fields I dont see what difference driving fields makes

I lost a real good permission last year coz of illegal coursers running the land in 4x4 police involved now any time any one on that land old bill is straight there gutted realy farmers wife used to ask you to course her her dinner lovely old girl o well sign of the times I'm afraid

that one thing I never really understood loosing ground like that, because if you get on with the land owner and you bell them before you go on , they know its you on there that day or night.? so to punish you like that, don't fit with me . I lost ground like that, as other farmers had complained to my farmer about the lamp, (but) I don't think he wanted the ear ache of them. now a (true) farmer one of my mates know , lets him on his ground and got 1000' acres , if other farmers moan to this farmer , he tells them there controlling foxes+ rabbits for day+ night, and he (will) have them on his ground and as long as they bell him no prob :yes: . I think today most land owners don't want running dogs on there ground in the 1st place, so just need a excuse to say no to you , pity there not many true farmers like my mate as got .

I'm sory bird but you a wrong mate this farmer is a splendid bloke go out his way to help even give you a Christmas prezie of a huge joint of his well reard beef for doing his rabbits he just asked any one who lived near the farm if they saw long dogs as he called them on his land to phone the police he did say to me I could continue to ferret with out one but I like to ferret with a dog so gave the place up I will be approaching said farmer this coming season for renewed permission as I no longer have lurchers fingers crossed :) Edited by leethedog

Poachings poaching.... the guys would lose there equipment same as you would if caught on foot.

where did this smashing fences come from? The op never ssid that and basically said he was running hares so hardly just taking the odd bunny.

unless its wet seeded fields I dont see what difference driving fields makes

Poaching is poaching in the eyes of the law but when you try to run down a farmer who is trying to stop you and shagging the fields up whether under crop or not which they were ,I would say it makes a whole lot of difference ,as I keep saying I wasn't poaching I know the fella just because I have no letter to say ,doesn't mean I am poaching ,I go there because he does,nt mind me going ,always been this way. Got some other land I go on take the farmer a bottle of red at crimbo to say thank you ,alas still not letter of permission I am sure some of you understand how it works atb BB

see what you have started now ben, coming on here causing bother :laugh:

eh up Keith how's things? Yep feked it up for me good and proper ,not to worry my lttleuns don't draw attention from plod anyhow keep calm and carry on eh atbBB

all well; here Ben, keep on going pal :thumbs:

I've been out with lads in a mota an it's not for me walking fields is my thing the proper way ok drive an get out an have a walk but not ripping fields up that a man's lively hood your recking no wound some farmers won't entertain lads asking for permission

• Like 1