Opinions On Which Way To Go?

Only thing that let's a good whippet down is its skin .. my sister has a blue brindle bitch before the ban and when my bitch was lame I used to take the whippet and she would fly outta terrano window tie a hare up in knots and retrieve back to the car and as for rabbits she was mustard

Paulus fair point but it's not really how I like to hunt, keeping a dog on the slip. The whole enjoyment is seeing a dog mooch about an work as a team. DAn I agree I could probably find 2 lurchers of around that size, although their doesn't seem to be that many, finding 2 that work is a little harder as I say no rush but would be nice to get one in this summer atb

I have to agree johnny, i think in truth it's probably my old man getting in my head that I would be better with something bigger less whippet etc probably so he can nick it when old enough, he already borrows the terrier when I am working. I will be living with it though so going to stick to my guns I think and be on the look out for a 3/4 whippet type leith touch of something else to improve coat, if anyone knows a planned litter give me a pm cheers dog will get a good home for life no matter what and plenty of opportunity to shine atb.

Paulus fair point but it's not really how I like to hunt, keeping a dog on the slip. The whole enjoyment is seeing a dog mooch about an work as a team. DAn I agree I could probably find 2 lurchers of around that size, although their doesn't seem to be that many, finding 2 that work is a little harder as I say no rush but would be nice to get one in this summer atb

i am guilty of this, always say i will keep one on the slip but never do, lost count of the amount of game that i have watched run off across an open field whilst 2 or 3 dogs are still chasing a scent down the hedgerow :laugh:

Only thing that let's a good whippet down is its skin .. my sister has a blue brindle bitch before the ban and when my bitch was lame I used to take the whippet and she would fly outta terrano window tie a hare up in knots and retrieve back to the car and as for rabbits she was mustard

worked this dog daily fer nearly 5 years now, on all terrains, number of minor injuries i can count on the back of my hand.

post-59960-0-25698200-1426713707_thumb.jpg

• Like 1