Is it not a legal requirement to check all traps at least every 24hrs?

No.

It's not even a legal requirement to check Fenns (other than those set for rabbits and hares) every day.

Traps set for 'Small Ground Vermin' (rats, mice & moles) do not have to be approved, nor do they have to be checked unless you want to :yes:

This, despite the desperate attempts by one foolish individual who's even gone running off to the RSPCA to get support for his demand to change the law :no:

Guild members take note :thumbs:

I set them , then check after 2 days , then 4 days , then weekly until jobs done.usually in gardens and small-ish jobs the first 3 trips does it.

To be honest it all depends on how busy I am , but you may as well check them , get the job done and move onto the next place.

• Like 1

I set them , then check after 2 days , then 4 days , then weekly until jobs done.usually in gardens and small-ish jobs the first 3 trips does it.

To be honest it all depends on how busy I am , but you may as well check them , get the job done and move onto the next place.

Just about the same as myself. I try to finish the job in three visits, two days apart but if there are still some stragglers to catch I'll leave a few Putanges out and check them when convenient.

Once you have set your mole traps how often do you check them? Daily or every couple of days enough.

Depends on the individual.If your keen,check them the next day.Particularly, if its a 'single catch' type trap.You can see,if its went off,or not.With the half-barrel,your better leaving it longer,than this.Especially, this time of year ?,.....lol