Why Did He Do That

I was in the shop today looking at springers and after load of back to back testing and getting just about set on what to get the conversation strayed onto weight.

Not my weight because I have lost 7lbs in 6 weeks but the guns weight, and then it happened.

The b*****d said try this

hw100

They say you know when you pick a gun up and all your alarm bells start ringing, he said I will put that back for you but wanted to keep hold of it and take it home.

Good job I had not been to the bank for a wallet full of readys because I wanted to keep it.

Thing is I feel like I must put my time in with a springer first.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my own experience, after a lifetime of shooting spring rifles, I can at least, appreciate the nicety and efficient accuracy of recoiless shooting with a PCP. But honestly, without wishing to off

Charlie caller, that is exactly my experience with my Daystate Regal PCP and my HW77 .22 spring rifle. I was out yesterday afternoon with the Regal and shot 6 rabbits with it.   The only advantage t

But most of us started with a springer because that was the ultimate tool at the time. It's like telling him to learn to drive in an Austin seven with cross ply tyres and mechanical drum brakes "becau

I was in the shop today looking at springers and after load of back to back testing and getting just about set on what to get the conversation strayed onto weight.

Not my weight because I have lost 7lbs in 6 weeks but the guns weight, and then it happened.

The b*****d said try this

hw100

They say you know when you pick a gun up and all your alarm bells start ringing, he said I will put that back for you but wanted to keep hold of it and take it home.

Good job I had not been to the bank for a wallet full of readys because I wanted to keep it.

Thing is I feel like I must put my time in with a springer first.

As above why

If you've set your heart on the HW100 then you'll get it and love it. At some point down the line you'll have a little niggle in your mind about a springer and want one of those as well! Look at my situation, I got the Prosport first and loved it for hunting, targets, everything. Eventually I got an S200 as well and it's just as good, just different.

The big difference is the fun factor, when I want an afternoon plinking I always use the Prosport because the S200 is accurate but dead feeling. My nipper can rest it on a bench and shoot holes in paper, so can my Mrs but they can't do it with the Prosport.

PCP for walkaround hunting, springer for hide shooting and plinking.

You need both, keep saving! :laugh:

Tim I think you are spot on so need a cheap hw 77 to fill the gap and keep saving.

Go buy the pcp and get the springer whenever, the springer isn't important, just for fun.

Good point. I think I will try to get another loan gun to keep me going as the HW97 has to go back soon and I need a bit more money for bottle sights etc.

Dunno what this post is about but springers are king. End of.

The jedi way.

I bet I am not the first person to be on the brink of buying a good springer only to be handed a hw100 that feels as sweet as.

Not even going to argue on this one, everyone knows there must be dozens or more PCP's out there hunting to every springer.

As for running out of air, all I can say is you're a better man than me if you can carry 70 rabbits back every trip. I don't squeeze the trigger unless I'm going to hit it.

Even my fac S10 does 30 shots per fill, that's a lot of rabbits in one night.

If you have the money buy the pcp, springers are a novelty / classic now.

I look at it this way..... I have a HW97KT..... which has never been used since I bought a HW100T in January.

And the HW100T, even in full length, is lighter than the HW97 too. A joy to use.

Rod

I'm a springer user with the TX 200HC and enjoy the challenge of accurate shots, If i had a choice I would look at the HW100kt and if money was no object the Daystate Airwolf MTC but £1500 is a bit out of my price range. Saying that a lad at the local gun club got one and it so deadly accurate, First night he was shooting .22 cartridges off the stand at 25m, then he progressed to shooting pins which he took down first time one after another. However without using the marksmanship principles that you need to accomplish that a good gun will only shoot as well as the person holding it.

Still here's hoping for a lottery win.

Darkie

• Like 1

Its good to see this has not descended into a springer vs PCP debate as many of us see the merits in both.

However, many people here will have started with springers and moved on to PCPs as they became available. Most of us will have both. For starting out, I would recommend a springer - but a good one. You just need the gun, scope, and pellets and you're off....with the PCP, you need to invest in a recharging system, which while not complicated is an extra expense that might be better focused on gun / scope combo for starting out.

Get a Prosport, TX200Hc, or a HW springer, and get cracking. The skills you will learn will mean you're over-prepared for a PCP.

• Like 1