Who Made God/answered.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IF, God created mankind he must have been smoking some serious shit that day.

Found this after seeing other thread. This video is too good to stick end of thread. I'm still agnostic, just but with guys like this on their side, I don't think these religious lads are as intellect

Think its the same old drivel myself! He points out that people don't believe in God because of their fear of death, but that God brings meaning to life! And that's just it, people need to find meani

Think its the same old drivel myself! He points out that people don't believe in God because of their fear of death, but that God brings meaning to life! And that's just it, people need to find meaning for why were here, whats our purpose, who made us e.t.c!

For some, its just not good enough to say, well there is no meaning, we're here, we pass on, the next generation comes along, so on, and so on, just like animals, fish, insects e.t.c!

• Like 1

Found this after seeing other thread. This video is too good to stick end of thread. I'm still agnostic, just but with guys like this on their side, I don't think these religious lads are as intellectually limited as maybe we'd like to think eh: http://youtu.be/hs-LVfdJsn0

You're easily impressed then DD.

Nothing new at all, no intellectual argument at all. "Where's the evidence that men invented god because they were scared of death" its a theory, a good one, and show me one shred of evidence for god?

He says "some men might have invented god because of certain fears, but that doesn't mean god doesn't exist" It doesn't mean he does either does it?

Then he "name drops" a football star who felt "empty" after winning the superbowl and ordering a sports car, two things about this, 1/ its associating well known people/idols with his viewpoint, the viewpoint he wants to promote, just like any advertising company, 2/ Its one man's thoughts, the footballer, im sure all his team weren't sat there feeling empty lol. And he claims by saying this it adds weight to the god argument, well no more weight than one man saying "men created god because they were scared of death" both just opinions.

Then he's starts quoting an apostle, form a book that could well be fiction, and mostly is imo, again nothing that amounts to evidence. Then he quotes some well known mathematician, i think the idea is "god people are smart, you don't have to feel stupid if you believe in him without any evidence, his sort often quote intellectuals who believe for that reason.

"god decides where everyone is born" interesting that, i wonder why god chooses those poor African babies to be born in famine hit countries, you know just to die in their thousands, if he decides to create them why not make the land green and fruitful so they have enough food to thrive, surely a simple thing for a god to do? Or is he some kind of sadist?

Feel free to point out this intellectual argument you see, not getting it at all myself?

Where was God when Auschwitz was going on :hmm:

in the same place he was when jimmy Saville was riding corpses!!!

The Irish famine, genocide in Rwanda, genocide in Serbia Croatia etc and a very long list of genocide atrocities over the last 20 or 30 years never mind the world wars.

Where was he then? No amount of faith was going to save them.

• Like 1