Pet Collie Leading The Way

Wuyang fair play but I can a sure it wasn't my mistake it was great we dog to start just later in years it false mark it's mark was to lie down on top of the burrow the lamping was embarrassing with her stalking refusing to chase just a out and out fecking skitso lol

Oops, sorry.......I didn't mean to imply yours did it for for the same reason.......,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like others have said the collie x is very much like marmite,I like having one around..ugly fecking thing it is but hand on heart it would run through fire to catch,no stalking EVER,ferreting,lamping,

http://youtu.be/2PhUlGilOy4       my old mans pet collie showing my pack how its done  

Bushing rabbits with a bobbery pack is the Sport of Kings,...I fecking love it....   The mouching game, is a stars flight away, from the discipline required on a serious day's ferreting,...   Fac

Wuyang fair play but I can a sure it wasn't my mistake it was great we dog to start just later in years it false mark it's mark was to lie down on top of the burrow the lamping was embarrassing with her stalking refusing to chase just a out and out fecking skitso lol

Oops, sorry.......I didn't mean to imply yours did it for for the same reason.......,

Bleeding collie x owners. We are more sensitive than our dogs!
  • Like 2

Good read this thread and i have alot of respect those that work these type of collie xs as they seem to do a great job. What i always struggle with, and i have always liked the idea of a 3/4 whippet x collie as the few i have seen look very capable little things, is that all the working collies that my family have owned (and i have seen plenty over the years) have been natural stalkers, as its obviously a trait breed into these workers for getting the best out of them when working with farm stock, but this isnt a good trait in a running dog in my experience. Obviously you need to choose a collie for a lurcher x wisely, but i have yet to see one that doesnt have this particular trait (stalking). I should add, i know full well they have many great attributes such as drive, stamina, coat and durability etc. Does this trait disappear if water down enough? question to those that work them or do you try and work round it, genuine question. Only owned one collie x lurcher and i cant even remember it being a toddler but i know it had this trait, much to my Dads annoyance atb

I never be without a Collie x. The truth is I can't gel with any other type. My second x Collie/Whippet has done me proud taking rabbits both day & night. Sometime next year or the year after, I would like a litter from her if I can find a first x Collie/Whippet or a none Hancock First x Collie/Greyhound.

why wouldnt you use an hancock ?

I never be without a Collie x. The truth is I can't gel with any other type. My second x Collie/Whippet has done me proud taking rabbits both day & night. Sometime next year or the year after, I would like a litter from her if I can find a first x Collie/Whippet or a none Hancock First x Collie/Greyhound.

why wouldnt you use an hancock ?

Because I like to own a dog that been bred from generations from working stock not something that's been bred from a puppy hill. I went to his place a few weeks back with a friend, when we got there I didn't think he lived on a scarp yard. Then having to listen to the shit that came from his daughter mouth like they don't care where they get their Greyhounds from. Because to them they view Greyhound as just a vessel a means to carry pups. & other stuff she came out with just put me right off them.

• Like 2