If God Made Everything, Who Made Him ?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody, it is all a figment of people's imaginations.

My god! If I read one more time that the big bang theory is something from nothing I'm going to have a big f***ing bang of my own.

A little thought on faith;   Faith is belief in the absence of proof, right? But it's a mistake to think all faith is equal. It varies with evidence, between complete faith in a statement that has z

Posted Images

Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Psalms 104:2

Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

Psalms 144:5

2 Samuel

Author(s): Samuel, Nathan, Gad

Date: About 930 BC

He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness [was] under his feet.

2 Samuel 22:10

Zechariah

Author(s): Zechariah

Date: 520-518 B.C.

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Zechariah 12:1

Well, not strictly true mate. Even if you take all the matter out of the universe you are still left with the dimensions of space and time which are very real boundaries for any matter or energy that might be present. So the universe still exists, it's just empty. The big bang was an expansion of space with the progression of time. All the energy in the universe today was present then, no less no more. Following the expansion of the space dimensions, post big bang, that energy 'evolved' into matter following the laws of physics and eventually billions of years later into the universe we see today.

Does time exist though, or is it just a figment of the human imagination? Even hawking cannot say for certain that it exists which is why he's unsure that the speed of light is a boundary. If time doesn't exist there theoretically should be no boundaries. As he says, we may be seeing something that's not there or is completely different to what we think we see..

The problem is, we cannot look, we only see what we see. We need to be able to see what we cannot see ....yet.

As for the dimensions of space, that's only relative to the matter in space. Just because the matter we see behaves in a particular manner we assume it's the rules of the universe that cause it, there could well be things we don't see far outside what we think of as boundaries. Quantum physics being an example

Rod mate getting a bit tedious now, its 23,52 by my time mate

You think God is an alien, explain what an alien is first mate, in your terms, to me aliens are demons masqurading as et or ascended masters etc etc

That God has put into another dimension, thats why they always seem to be light, balls of light or whatever, thats how they travel so fast, an disappear into thin air, an theres loads of evidence for this

Iit's easy to knock and ridicule because the alternative is to become un-cool so it's much easier not to really question what is taught. As a young lad I was the same.

Wonder how many will mock before departing this planet.

Said it before there are no atheists on a burning aeroplane.

That's all I have to say on this post as it's becoming tedious now.

Praying to god in the face of death is a sign of desperation that many of us may experience, doesn't necessarily mean enlightenment......I'm more interested in the atrocities committed by the religious.....whether it's child rape or all out war, what do their prayers consist of then? Catholics, Muslims, Christians, Jews etc etc.....just seems like a facade to me, a 'get out of jail card'.....

Sorry, I don't buy the first part. I've been in harms way more times than I can even remember. I don't call on God out of desperation. I call because I know what he can do for me.

For the crimes, wars, and all the rest. That is human beings doing what human beings do. If you do evil you are not all that religious are you?

ATB

Tell that to the Vatican.....

Accip, that's weaker than no comment at all.

Its ironic really how much shit this country of ours gets itself into poking our nose into stuff thats nothing to do with us.....a lad asks a perfectly straight forward question and the only people answering it supposedly have no interest but just see it as a quick opportunity to get in and take the piss !......maybe if folk concentrated on their own lives a bit more instead of looking for trouble in things they,re not even interested in we wouldnt have walked so many of our soldiers into other peoples problems !

Get what your saying gnash, but us as a nation? we the people didn't send soldiers anywhere......it was politicians & business men.....& some leaders with so-called Christian values......

Yes but it is we as a people who put the leaders in power and it's those leaders that take all away our rights to hunt and our offspring to war some of whom will meet their gods If there are any

Iit's easy to knock and ridicule because the alternative is to become un-cool so it's much easier not to really question what is taught. As a young lad I was the same.

Wonder how many will mock before departing this planet.

Said it before there are no atheists on a burning aeroplane.

That's all I have to say on this post as it's becoming tedious now.

Praying to god in the face of death is a sign of desperation that many of us may experience, doesn't necessarily mean enlightenment......I'm more interested in the atrocities committed by the religious.....whether it's child rape or all out war, what do their prayers consist of then? Catholics, Muslims, Christians, Jews etc etc.....just seems like a facade to me, a 'get out of jail card'.....
Sorry, I don't buy the first part. I've been in harms way more times than I can even remember. I don't call on God out of desperation. I call because I know what he can do for me.

For the crimes, wars, and all the rest. That is human beings doing what human beings do. If you do evil you are not all that religious are you?

ATB

Tell that to the Vatican.....

Accip, that's weaker than no comment at all.
Really???......The Vatican...a place where corruption is endemic & many of its residents have a penchant for child sodomy & you say there not 'all that' religious there?

But hey, I'm not singling out Catholics here, that's just one example.......whether it's a jihadist about to blow up a shopping centre full of innocent folk or a catholic priest who's just raped a child, both would appear EXTREMELY religious to me, but the decent folk, probably like yourself, who have a similar faith choose to bury their heads in the sand & ignore it.

So it's only decent folk that are 'really' religious?

It's been suggested on here before, that we used to live as a society in a golden era of 'good Christian values', but so far I've failed to find this 'golden' time in recent history, where there was no child sodomy, rape, murder, robbery, extortion, human neglect, racism, political corruption etc etc etc etc...........

A family member of mine, in the late 1940's as a 6 year old, was sexually abused by a family friend, he apparently had good 'Christian values', a regular church attendee, but I guess he wasn't 'all that' religious either, right? Then as a teenager she was raped by an irish soldier, just a guess here, but I bet he'd had a fair dose of god fearing shite shoved down his throat from an early age as well, or maybe not?

Maybe this wasn't during the golden era of 'good Christian' values' either? Maybe someone can enlighten me?

From where I'm standing I can see plenty of decent religious folk, doing decent things, but evil is committed by folk with a faith just as strong, some say fanatical.......all under the facade of religion, the good folk just don't want to see it.

Don't talk to me about weak pal, I'm not the one going through life with a 'comfort blanket'. ATb

Edited by Accip74

Its ironic really how much shit this country of ours gets itself into poking our nose into stuff thats nothing to do with us.....a lad asks a perfectly straight forward question and the only people answering it supposedly have no interest but just see it as a quick opportunity to get in and take the piss !......maybe if folk concentrated on their own lives a bit more instead of looking for trouble in things they,re not even interested in we wouldnt have walked so many of our soldiers into other peoples problems !

Get what your saying gnash, but us as a nation? we the people didn't send soldiers anywhere......it was politicians & business men.....& some leaders with so-called Christian values......

Yes but it is we as a people who put the leaders in power and it's those leaders that take all away our rights to hunt and our offspring to war some of whom will meet their gods If there are any

Yes you're right mate, we did vote them in.....