Digging Tool

What ya all got?

Been using a top spec stainless trowel with no probs, but time to move on and save on the kneeling down lark.Bought one of these and its going into the vice for some modifications to narrow the blade. Cracking strong bit of kit for the price just hope it retains it's strength after the mods.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CT4DFE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It very much depends on your trap setting style :yes:

For those talking of sore backs and knees, I'd ask how you put traps in the ground?

I open up, and set, from the kneeling position (as the bishop said to the actress :laugh:), so a short handled spade suits me :yes:

In my opinion, only a w@nker sets traps with a trowel (only joking :laugh:)

Each to his (or her) own :thumbs:

I like to call a spade a spade. And that Bryn is a shovel, not a spade. Totally different animal.

Mine is a border spade cut down to around 74mm wide.Cuts through stony soil and turf better than a full width one.

I use a Spear and Jackson stainless steel border spade, £15 delivered from Amazon

Same width as a duffus, light weight, can use straight away with out any modifications, why make life hard buy choosing an inferior product just because its £6 cheaper and then trying to make it work. Also use a knife to cut out runs if needed

• Like 1

What ya all got?Been using a top spec stainless trowel with no probs, but time to move on and save on the kneeling down lark.Bought one of these and its going into the vice for some modifications to narrow the blade. Cracking strong bit of kit for the price just hope it retains it's strength after the mods.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CT4DFE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

i cut one of those spades down 4 years ago bloody good bit of kit ;-)