Female Harris

čica

hello to you all,i got a questione! i got a young female harris,and she has started to be very aggresive towards me,footy,when i look at her she lungs to my face and two time in the field she bumped into my head....how do i iron that problem out....i got her from a friend and she did not do it to him any time....started with me. I have flown gosses,buzzards,sparrowhaks and one male harris and i never had problem like this
regards
Čica

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good advice David, but I dont think anyone has advised him that the bird IS under or over weight, merely suggested that she MAY be, and as such those two possibilities need to be investigated.

Underweight I'm thinking

this is my darling

Posted Images

By sounds of it she is seeing you as some sort of threat..how long have you had her ? I mate of mine has a Harris that is pr but is very aggressive towards strangers. Will scream and foot at them. Evern try lunge at them from her perch...as stated I'd put her in a seclud aviary feed her through a shoot and then when season started again get someone else to catch her up in her mews (so the first experience she has of you isn't chasing her about and grabbing her to fit new jesses) then start fresh. .....atb

i had her for 4 or 5 weeks,flown her on daily basis...even with dog..when i come in her mew she jumps towards me,like she cant wait to get on the glove...she does not seam afraid

o right I thought you ment aggressively as it says in first post....if she's darting at you in a non aggressive way I'd say that seems food associated..did the previous owner feed from the glove in the news at any point ?

I knew a lad that had a female gos that nailed him on the side of the face.

It turned out the bird was quite a bit under-weight and was obviously frustrated.

A lot can come down to how you treat the hawk....things like not robbing kills off her.

Helping her break in and also feed her tidbits while she is on a kill can help to strengthen the bond between man and hawk.

There are so many little things that can make a difference.

Its difficult to give any advice without seeing the hawk in a action as it were.

You mention that she was a bit footy with her former owner.

That is not good or normal behaviour. It usually means someone has upset her in some way.

Good luck with her.