First X Bedlington Greyhound

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve seen a few moocher good early pace but lacking a gear or 2 i always found

Yeah, but 'you'd' always find that, Gooey, unless it had saluki in it.

I personally think that you really haven't seen many dogs at all, running hares that haven't had a good dollop of saluki in.

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sister 2 that pup stood under the dog 

Hopefully have pups this summer time but it’s looking more and more like I’m going to have to go down the route of a wheaten greyhound for stud… a genuine Beddy greyhound is like hens teeth where I am

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, but 'you'd' always find that, Gooey, unless it had saluki in it.

I personally think that you really haven't seen many dogs at all, running hares that haven't had a good dollop of saluki in.

shaark i’ve seen hundreds a dogs run if you popped and said get a lad with bedlington grey out id have someone there that night having a run with one i got me nephew one as his first dog there descent enough knock about dogs but out 3/4 grey has massive limitations 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

shaark i’ve seen hundreds a dogs run if you popped and said get a lad with bedlington grey out id have someone there that night having a run with one i got me nephew one as his first dog there descent enough knock about dogs but out 3/4 grey has massive limitations 

? kin el, Gooey, take that key out of your back, and wind that neck in!!

You're easier this year, than last!!  ? ?

• Haha 1
Just now, Moocher71 said:

They stopped me putting pics up couple weeks ago , hunting forum stopping hunting pics 

doesn’t surprise me mate it’s getting worse any pics could a been taken at any time it was legal after all 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Seen a few year's ago a couple bred by a chap in Emley moor who used to breed this cross and 3 quarter breds the first cross dog i saw had good stamina and recovery rate and was deadly on fox and one time at Gringley on the hill killing one after they had slipped him out of the motor when the keeper's turned up at the same time and they were nicked for trespassing. The 3 quarter breds were good potfillers on rabbits and hares on local land. It used to be a familiar comment about first cross beddy/grey if only they were an inch or two taller and most of the noted ones i had heard of were always males of the cross.

• Like 4

i think there used to be a guy called dave emerson, who use  to breed  both types of bedlingtonxs,were those dogs from him, believe he bred some good stock, but never seen any work,think he used to put ad in the early ed/rd mag, wonder if any of his old stuff is still about,

20 minutes ago, grompz said:

i think there used to be a guy called dave emerson, who use  to breed  both types of bedlingtonxs,were those dogs from him, believe he bred some good stock, but never seen any work,think he used to put ad in the early ed/rd mag, wonder if any of his old stuff is still about,

I don't know mate the lads mentioned his name to me this would have been around 81 82 when they had these lurchers off the chap at Emley moor and if I recall the Bedlington blood in them was from George Newcome. 

4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Seen a few year's ago a couple bred by a chap in Emley moor who used to breed this cross and 3 quarter breds the first cross dog i saw had good stamina and recovery rate and was deadly on fox and one time at Gringley on the hill killing one after they had slipped him out of the motor when the keeper's turned up at the same time and they were nicked for trespassing. The 3 quarter breds were good potfillers on rabbits and hares on local land. It used to be a familiar comment about first cross beddy/grey if only they were an inch or two taller and most of the noted ones i had heard of were always males of the cross.

I agree about the height comment, some of the ones I bred that were 3/8 5/8 bred turned out really small even tho they started off as big pups and some of the small pups made 23-25tts ?‍♂️

I’m hoping the outcross to wheaten might fix that 

• Like 1