First X Bedlington Greyhound

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sister 2 that pup stood under the dog 

Hopefully have pups this summer time but it’s looking more and more like I’m going to have to go down the route of a wheaten greyhound for stud… a genuine Beddy greyhound is like hens teeth where I am

Posted Images

The Beddie xs I have seen have all been very commited dogs 100 percent ever run and tough to boot, that's not alwas been the case with the collie xs I have seen. Not saying this is the norm just my and families experience atb

• Like 5

The Beddie xs I have seen have all been very commited dogs 100 percent ever run and tough to boot, that's not alwas been the case with the collie xs I have seen. Not saying this is the norm just my and families experience atb

snap Edited by nothernlite

my thoughts as well. Haven't seen a beddy cross that wasn't 100% committed to what it was after regardless of its size. Can't say the same for collie crosses. Not knocking collie crosses as there a favorite of mine.
  • Like 1

anybody run a first x beddy greyhound ? ive ran one before but just wondering what other peoples opinions/experiences are of them as im due to pick up another pup of this breeding in the next couple of weeks, cheers

You,ve owned one before,why would you give a toss about somebody elses opine?,they are a fantastic hunting companion,as you don,t know that,take up knitting.

what is your problem if you have feck all to good say, say feck all, is it a name you are after, sad cnut

Use right collie.......some do hold up...some don't....a touch of beardie in the mix did the job for me. In fact I can't see why beardie isn't used more instead of beddy

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 1

Mine was a cracker,,,,, never had a foot problem, in fact great feet...and that back when I was young and always out., in fact he was the hardiest of lurchers I've worked. Still can't see why beddy more popular.

Edited by wuyang

Think the feet thing was just bad luck nothing to do with the beardie if anything they should have good feet had the border collie crosses as well but the beddie seen to do it for me but if was to get another collie cross think I would go towards the beardie myself

• Like 1

How many beardies still work? Honest question ive been on plenty of farms all over and never seen one. Plenty of border collies and the odd kelpie but no beardies.

i dont know how to post a link but www.shepherds with beardies contains info on dogs being worked in england scotland and wales. :thumbs: