How To Stop Dog Pulling On Lead

Definitely beat the pup until it is led in a pool of it's own piss and shit ;)

For good measure if you kick the dog in the stomach aiming towards the arse (so a diagonal motion) the dog will shit blood as well ;) peace x

Edited by mushroom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best and easiest method for me is dog lead in weakest hand....( normal size lead..... Nothing too long), in the other a walking stick or similar.....use the stick as a guide for the dog to stay behind

Learning my self with mine and a few things I am working on as I am determined to have him heel. First thing I found the dog need to know where heel is as its no good yanking the lead and saying heel

Put lead on ,make a loop near its head and slip the lop around its nose ...it's make a halter ..when it pulls it will pull its head around After a while it will get used to not pulling

Best and easiest method for me is dog lead in weakest hand....( normal size lead..... Nothing too long), in the other a walking stick or similar.....use the stick as a guide for the dog to stay behind your leg/stick.

If it pushes in front of you or the stick give it a gentle tap with the stick..... Say back.

When the dog finally decides battle is lost and walks by your side......utter the words heal and praise the dog.

Works for me....... Be consistent with it.

• Like 5

ALRIGHT PAL.

SIMPLE TOO STOP

IF YOUR RIGHT HANDED HAVE DOG ON YOUR LEFT .

NOW GET YOURSELF A DECENT WALKING STICK.

WHEN THE DOG PULLS HOLD YOUR WALKING STICK ACROSS HIS CHEST AND SAY IN BEHIND.

EVERY TIME THE DOG TRYS TO WALK IN FRONT SAME AGAIN.

IN BEHIND

TWO OR THREE DAYS OF THIS THE DOG WILL GET THE PICTURE.SOON AS IT STARTS DOING WHAT ITS TOLD LET IT OFF LEAD AND KEEP FOLLOWING THE IN BEHIND PROCEDURE THE DOG WILL GET IT.

JUST KEEP PERCIVERING USE YOUR STICK.

THEY MIGHT NEED A LIGHT PROD EVERY NOW N THEN.

• Like 1

Good old fashioned choke chain is what we used at obedience class. Quick jerk`s to reprimand & most soon learn the drill. However dont over use it, it`s a tool not a punishment & depending on your dog`s nature it can cause problem`s in your bond with the dog. Many people do not identify pulling as a problem until it become`s a problem & it can be the devil`s own to correct once it become`s imprinted. However short walk`s a few time`s a day using the chain & correcting the dog for pulling sort`s most dog`s out in a week or 2. I used to work at a boarding/show kennel that bred airedale`s boxer`s , kerry blue`s & it was my job to lead train them from 6 month onward`s before they were taken to ring craft classes for showing .Trust me if you can do that at that age with the latter 2 breed`s you can certainly do it with most lurchers/running dogs. Empty headed animals i found & being stuck in kennels did not help :thumbs:

Edited by optimus

ALRIGHT PAL.

SIMPLE TOO STOP

IF YOUR RIGHT HANDED HAVE DOG ON YOUR LEFT .

NOW GET YOURSELF A DECENT WALKING STICK.

WHEN THE DOG PULLS HOLD YOUR WALKING STICK ACROSS HIS CHEST AND SAY IN BEHIND.

EVERY TIME THE DOG TRYS TO WALK IN FRONT SAME AGAIN.

IN BEHIND

TWO OR THREE DAYS OF THIS THE DOG WILL GET THE PICTURE.SOON AS IT STARTS DOING WHAT ITS TOLD LET IT OFF LEAD AND KEEP FOLLOWING THE IN BEHIND PROCEDURE THE DOG WILL GET IT.

JUST KEEP PERCIVERING USE YOUR STICK.

THEY MIGHT NEED A LIGHT PROD EVERY NOW N THEN.

Don't forget to shout WATCH YOUR FEET lol

REMEMBER DOGS ARNT AD STUPID AS ALOT OF STUPID PEOPLE THINK AND AS THE MAN SAYS WATCH THEM FEET.ATB.

You can pm if you like but I'm pretty sure you're the cnut spreading shit about me. I called by the way but you didn't answer :laugh:

You silly fcuker lol I spent weekend at harewood with you, not to mention lamping and that lol if I wanted to spread shit about you I could, and it wouldn't be shit lol it would be true you dodgy midget with a funny hat lol

'I spent the weekend with you' then

Sounds very romantic :laugh: