Experimental Blade Carbon/stainless Blade.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had this idea a couple of days ago and had to give it a try. To put stainless steel weld on a high carbon blade for decorative purposes. Think it actually turned out pretty well.     It all start

Well finally got this one finished!   Tried the acid dip, was a bit warm still when i dipped it as as you rightly said midnight in left a ridge, only in 10miniutes but worked faster than i expected!

Got a bit sidetracked with other things as you do but got back on to this today.   Blade having 3 x non magnetic treated, now heated light cherry red.     and quenched in Lydl's finest cooking

Well Griff, I finished the sheath. My Boker fits snug as a bug.. Sewing ain't gonna win no rosettes but not bad for a first. As I said in the PM it's yours for the sake of a return address. Might give your lad some ideas on the rest of the wife's handbags or indeed them high boots.mmm. Anyway, if you want just pm me. I'm looking forward to your further adventures with the knives among other things. Jok.

• Like 2

Well Griff, I finished the sheath. My Boker fits snug as a bug.. Sewing ain't gonna win no rosettes but not bad for a first. As I said in the PM it's yours for the sake of a return address. Might give your lad some ideas on the rest of the wife's handbags or indeed them high boots.mmm. Anyway, if you want just pm me. I'm looking forward to your further adventures with the knives among other things. Jok.

Thanks Jok. Post up some pics of your handiwork. Yes Mrs G's leather handbags and long boots have both been sacrificed for the good cause of sheaving knives :angel:

• Like 1