Parson Russell

JMHO but if someone tells you they work their Jack Russells and they use the P word in the description take them with a big pinch of salt.

I agree but it's not quite than simple I.M.O.. The Parson Russell Terrier is a K.C. registered breed of dog. If you manage to find a line from a breeder who still works them then it must be K.C. registered to be an " official " Parson Russell. And you propably pay at least £ 450. And it will most likely have a full tail.

However, the K.C. registration of " Parsons " was as in 1988 ( I think ). There are still lots of that type around from stock that didn't go for the fame/money/social standing and are of a " Parson " type. As opposed to short legged Sealyham type white woeking terriers or freaky little pet bred dogs that the general public think of as Jack Russells.

The working Parson type still exists, even though carrying Lakie or bull or God knows what else blood. The same applies to the K.C. registered lines, at least until 1988.

this fella had the p word. used to post about him a fair bit on moochers. i really liked this lad. but he was a gassy twat.

george simpsons lines broke my daughters heart when he went for the long walk.

attachicon.giftrusty show.jpg

Parson Russell Terrier ? Parson type, yes. K.C. registered ? Nice stamp.

• Like 1

this fella had the p word. used to post about him a fair bit on moochers. i really liked this lad. but he was a gassy twat.

george simpsons lines broke my daughters heart when he went for the long walk.

attachicon.giftrusty show.jpg

Parson Russell Terrier ? Parson type, yes. K.C. registered ? Nice stamp.

he was registered. yes. :thumbs:

A mate of mine had a few kc parsons from Gouldy in the early nineties.A few of the lads ranted on about how hard they were but any I saw do any amount of work a spewed it when it weren't going their own way.All of them were right gassy twats that would kill pups if they got the chance.

• Like 1

A mate of mine had a few kc parsons from Gouldy in the early nineties.A few of the lads ranted on about how hard they were but any I saw do any amount of work a spewed it when it weren't going their own way.All of them were right gassy twats that would kill pups if they got the chance.

they where registered as kentafox with the KC. most where deregistered i think. my parson went back to blyths and wards stuff amongst others

• Like 1

Anybody work parson Russell terriers and if so how do you rate them

No such thing.... that was a money spinner for $$ .... if your chasing rosettes or money then its a Parson, Plummer, if your interested in a working terrier and its coat is mostly white with a drop of liver, lemon, or tri colour then its a russell type! you see there will be different things in the make up over the 200 years that it will have taken to produce the dog you have thats why you will never know exactly whats in the mix... i laugh when folk beleive the oul rev russell babble... its very romantic.... and how he was a very educated affluent gentleman...he was,and a founder of the deluded KC, thats why the story still exists....you think that man was getting muck on the knees of his breeches!

sure he bought trump from the milk man...and i bet he didnt let the lower class scribble down the real ingredients.....

• Like 1

Anybody work parson Russell terriers and if so how do you rate them

No such thing.... that was a money spinner for $$ .... if your chasing rosettes or money then its a Parson, Plummer, if your interested in a working terrier and its coat is mostly white with a drop of liver, lemon, or tri colour then its a russell type! you see there will be different things in the make up over the 200 years that it will have taken to produce the dog you have thats why you will never know exactly whats in the mix... i laugh when folk beleive the oul rev russell babble... its very romantic.... and how he was a very educated affluent gentleman...he was,and a founder of the deluded KC, thats why the story still exists....you think that man was getting muck on the knees of his breeches!

sure he bought trump from the milk man...and i bet he didnt let the lower class scribble down the real ingredients.....

But then you could say all terriers are just type mixes if you look far enough back! My Russell pedigree goes back to the 60,and they have bucks black stuff added in and white lakey in the make up! Some of the russel type from that ped are in a lot of good black dog lines

you just answered your own queries.... there not BREEDS... there types!.and thats not a pedigree as you call it..its a piece a paper way names typed on.... even black dogs if you have been around terriers enough you will instinctively know what way its been bred!....nuttall type, oul gould in the make up, nuttall x wheeler, stevens stuff powells stuff, and other names i wont mention cos there not peddlers.... the list could be endless same with white type if you have been around them enough, if its old nixon, old gouldy stuff, chapman stuff...and also many others,. because they all breed to type if kept true.....you asked the other day where the white came from in patterdales...lol...that would have been all the other types added that made the patterdale type....they will have lakeland russell bull and a whole pile of other stuff in their make up... its when they keep producing to TYPE consistently that they get a label!