Bringing The Jills Out Of Season

Your thoughts please:

Up until last year I kept three jill ferrets and had the vets give them the jill jab. Round here the prices varying between different vets was incredible. At the top end they wanted nearly £90 to do all three (which included a small animal consultation and check-up - whatever that is?), this was my local vet and in the end I went further afield to a more agricultural vet who did all three for £45. I enquired with this vet about getting a hob and having him vesectomised. They said they should be able to do this for about £100.

So last year I acquired two more jill ferrets and and a young polecat hob who is now a very big boy. So with five jills the sums add up to have the hob done.

Checked with the vet but know the cost will be £180!!!

So the choice is should I go for this? is is a fair price? or continue with the jill jab which should be about £52 to do all five jills.

• Like 1

The Jill jab around here cost me £3.17 last yr.... your getting robed at £100 to do all 3 jills... ive now got me self a little male and i mean little, im getting him done in couple of weeks £47 the vets said it would cost, but hes a cracking little ferret and he can now service my 3.,...