Bedlington X Grew

In Yorkshire pit villages a Whippet x GH has always been called a Grew, very popular with miners as some could pick up Hare's as well as Rabbit.

my dad used to have a grew when he came home from nights down pit he would go of coursing for a few hours and being an old mining village so did every bugger else :laugh:

I used to do the same Gafer, day,s, nights & afters, but as you say,every miner did back then, no mobiles, no helicopters, happy day's, lol.

• Like 3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Yorkshire pit villages a Whippet x GH has always been called a Grew, very popular with miners as some could pick up Hare's as well as Rabbit.

I used to do the same Gafer, day,s, nights & afters, but as you say,every miner did back then, no mobiles, no helicopters, happy day's, lol.

That seems to be thing about this breed there not scared to get stuck in my we bitch is due in season soon and if it does happen will let you know

my dad used to have a grew when he came home from nights down pit he would go of coursing for a few hours and being an old mining village so did every bugger else :laugh:

just coppers to dodge on strike or ya was getting a good feking kiking lol are old man said it was loads better back in them days

as above the whippet/ghd allways known as a grew by the miners used them for pot filling and racing at weekends atb

just coppers to dodge on strike or ya was getting a good feking kiking lol are old man said it was loads better back in them days

I took alot of edible stuff during the strike gafer, it was a bad 12 months for the keepers LOL, i had a mate who got sent down for taking sheep with his Saluki X GH off Brodsworths pit tip which was grassed along the side of the A1, he left an address on the box he dumped the fleece and guts in, daft bugger.

I took alot of edible stuff during the strike gafer, it was a bad 12 months for the keepers LOL, i had a mate who got sent down for taking sheep with his Saluki X GH off Brodsworths pit tip which was grassed along the side of the A1, he left an address on the box he dumped the fleece and guts in, daft bugger.

my old man fed alot of folk on streat with rabbits an phesonts during strike then od bob or two for familly . always check ya pockets that rings through my ears with my mother check ya pockets :laugh:

What is a grew

a lot of people i know and myself inclided use the term grew short for greyhound no whip i keep bedlington grews and no whip in the line at all guess it just depends on where your from ;)
You planning any litters any time soon?
probably not as just kept a bitch pup back to replace a bitch we lost last year

What is a grew

a lot of people i know and myself inclided use the term grew short for greyhound no whip i keep bedlington grews and no whip in the line at all guess it just depends on where your from ;)

No worries. If you so please let me know.

What is a grew

No worries. If you so please let me know.
will do bud ;)