Pretend Worms For Mole Control

Just wondering is it illegal to poison a mole if so when was the law passed ? As strychnine was never banned just taken from sale over here.....

Yes.

It's illegal to 'poison' anything with a product that's not been approved :thumbs:

I have actually used Talpirid. It's a good product that would have filled the gap after the removal of strychnine from the market :yes: BUT....... the active ingredient doesn't have approval within the EU, and is unlikely to ever get it :no:

Anyone stupid enough to import a biocide which does not have approval would run a serious risk of imprisonment :yes:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think those poison mole worms are all that dangerous--they certainly don't seem to cause much harm to moles.

Feck me there are some ego's in this forum. Some want to take their head out of their ar$e and give it a shake.   No one is gods gift to trapping, no matter who you think you are, there is always so

Well I'm as happy as my moles  

I understand that Matt but is there a specific law saying the poisoning of moles is illegal ? Because as has already been said isn't gassing poisoning them ? Once again I will say I'm in no way in favour of poison even a rat deserves better and the gassing of moles should be stopped imo...... My argument here is someone jumping straight in and proclaiming something is or isn't illegal without knowing 100% either way..... As the saying goes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing....

I understand that Matt but is there a specific law saying the poisoning of moles is illegal ? Because as has already been said isn't gassing poisoning them ? Once again I will say I'm in no way in favour of poison even a rat deserves better and the gassing of moles should be stopped imo...... My argument here is someone jumping straight in and proclaiming something is or isn't illegal without knowing 100% either way..... As the saying goes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing....

There are specific laws that prevent the use of unapproved poisons against any animals :yes:

First port of call when talking of poisons should be the Control of Pesticides Regulations (as issued under the Food and Environmental Protection Act), quickly followed by the Biocides Directive, and then the Wildlife & Countryside Act. :yes: The Agriculture Act as amended in 1973 is also interesting :thumbs:

It looks like you’re just nit-picking and trying to save face now.

I really think you should just swallow your pride, do the right thing, and apologise……

Enough now chaps please :thumbs:

This section has been ticking along nicely lately :yes: if folks start demanding apologies for other folks expressing opinions and asking questions, then we'll soon degenerate into the dog section :thumbs:

Morning,

Only winding you up Old Chaps – like I would really give a monkeys. :laugh::laugh:

Actually, did want to pick up on the French Alphachloralose Wasp mentioned: sounds like it should be ideal for moles; fast metabolism, cold environment, etc. Anyone had any legal experience with it? Nicepix perhaps?

Edit: legal experience using it on moles I mean.

Edited by Mr Muddy

Morning,

Only winding you up Old Chaps – like I would really give a monkeys. :laugh::laugh:

Actually, did want to pick up on the French Alphachloralose Wasp mentioned: sounds like it should be ideal for moles; fast metabolism, cold environment, etc. Anyone had any legal experience with it? Nicepix perhaps?

Edit: legal experience using it on moles I mean.

did i hear its still avalible in ireland?

Alphachloralose is available in this country, just not for use on moles. And seeing as there are no moles in Ireland that is the stupidest comment yet.

i severely hope that was not directed at me?

my question was is it still avalible in ireland?? not is it still avalible in ireland for moles...and even if it was then its hardly the stupidest comment yet it would merely be a simple un-educated comment..

not go over their to them steps......and get of that high horse