Bull X ?

Over time I've had a range of lurcher types . But for past 12 years I've owend and worked bull xs . Had some shit but had shit in other lurcher types to . But bull xs can turn there hand to any task put in front of them my old half x will run rabbits retrive them live to hand . But put a Charlie in front of him and its goodnight veianner . Preban of course !!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are so many people thay dont like bullxs obsessed by other people keeping them?

My older bitch is 9 and has done everything I've asked she's light and 3/8 bull I have a pup out of her to razor hoping enough of her heart carries through into the pup ,if not he'll be used to his s

If you can do without the jaw power of a Bull x Roy then trust me there shouldn't be any issues buddy..you will gain speed,wind,hunting ability second to none,good feet,durability and they will run on

I have a bull x just finished his 8th season and still putting plenty away I like them a lot this ones cuaght plenty in the day using his nose and does owt an allround lurcher should do. I just wish I could find a quality pup bred for the right reasons to replace him with. Atb

• Like 1

Fitchet do what I did sort out a well bred bitch and get ur dog over it . I was lucky lad loaned me a bitch I tryed her out before putting my dog over it . Now I've got a pup now to hopefully will walk in his sires footsteps atb

My older bitch is 9 and has done everything I've asked she's light and 3/8 bull I have a pup out of her to razor hoping enough of her heart carries through into the pup ,if not he'll be used to his strengths .

The question of whether I'd ever do with out a bull cross,well the jury is still out ,but I'd say a bit of bull has never hurt a lurcher

See you down on the Fens next year if the Bull blood don't shine through haha

• Like 1

Fitchet do what I did sort out a well bred bitch and get ur dog over it . I was lucky lad loaned me a bitch I tryed her out before putting my dog over it . Now I've got a pup now to hopefully will walk in his sires footsteps atb

I've thought long and hard about putting him over something and there's 2 things that put me off breeding out of my own firstly is the fact he's only about 23tts and although he does the job good enough for his size ideally I would like something abit taller and secondly is his colour. I do a lot of vermin drives for the shoot down the road and bieng buckskin coloured he's been mistaken for something else a couple of times.im not one for breeding either if I'm honest I'd like to own both parents if I did or atleast go to a stud that's proven and throws animals as good if not better than themselves.

All the best with your pup mate looks a nice strong type.

Edited by fitchet

My older bitch is 9 and has done everything I've asked she's light and 3/8 bull I have a pup out of her to razor hoping enough of her heart carries through into the pup ,if not he'll be used to his strengths .

The question of whether I'd ever do with out a bull cross,well the jury is still out ,but I'd say a bit of bull has never hurt a lurcher

to look at him you wouldn't guess there was much bull in him Andy and he runs very UN-bull like,but it's not how he looks I'm to bothered with,I'm more concerned he'll take after his mother regards to the grit/heart whatever we'd call it, although I'm aware the sires side has it in buckets,is it the same sort of heart? If the bull blood shows through I'll be made up Andy ;) as he can certainly run a bit for a pup lol

to look at him you wouldn't guess there was much bull in him Andy and he runs very UN-bull like,but it's not how he looks I'm to bothered with,I'm more concerned he'll take after his mother regards to the grit/heart whatever we'd call it, although I'm aware the sires side has it in buckets,is it the same sort of heart? If the bull blood shows through I'll be made up Andy ;) as he can certainly run a bit for a pup lol

If you can do without the jaw power of a Bull x Roy then trust me there shouldn't be any issues buddy..you will gain speed,wind,hunting ability second to none,good feet,durability and they will run on ANY type of ground without any issues..I think you made a good move adding the coursing blood to your bull blood..enjoy the ride it will be exciting ?

• Like 3