Vasectomise Ferret

• 2 weeks later...

Just been quoted £100 at pets at home in Buck's.....?????......

Thats about right. I paid £110 for it last year from the same people in Hampshire. Seems it gets more expensive the further south you go...

Think your right..... :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

Just been quoted £76 by local vet for vasectomy and £42 for castration, gonna have to sort it soon as both my jills in season and i got two hobs so i'm thinking vasectomy for dad and nuts off for son!!! what do you guys think but i think the price of vasectomy has shot through the roof!!!

Dengil, if you do get your hob vasectomised you won't be able to put him over you jills for about 4 weeks & even then some sperm may still be alive in the tubes so the first few jills you put him over may well end up pregnant until the remaining sperm dies, this happened to someone I know but the hob is totally sterile now and takes the jills out of season no problem, this is not common but does happen! You would be better to borrow a V hob or getting Jill jab and using him the season after to prevent unwanted kits