Ratting With Lurchers

Does anyone [like me] enjoy a spot of ratting with their smaller type rabbiting luchers or Whippets, not alot of rabbits around me at the mo so i,v found myself and the dog some usefull work, keeps her keen [to say the least LOL] and hand on heart, she's very good at it, she is a terrier blooded dog being 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy so i guess she,s born to it, anyone else found their dogs other types of work, i,d love to drop her on a Mink if i come across one, Buster.

• Like 1

i do mainly ratting as bunnys a bit thin on the ground i do,i find the small lurchers and whippets do very well on the ratting they are just quicker to cover the ground and pick them up quicker, also if your permissions are farmlands with ditches the dogs jump these to pick up rats before they can swim across and be away while the smaller dogs are just jumping in trying to get to them its all good fun though.

HI Mate done a lot of ratting with the lurchers and pointers they love it. Been in the Wapentake in Sheffield in the late seventies early eighties

I was at Shirecliff collage in the early 70's, crazy daisey, wapentake etc etc LOL, i didnt know what a wapentake was back then apart from a pub.