Bit Of Advice Please

Had my whippet out yday afternoon,after a good chase he returned with blood pissin from his paw.he's somehow took a big deep gash out of his big pad.stopped the bleeding and cleaned up etc.he was limping a wee bit this morning but apart from that it doesn't seem to bother him at all.i have put anti septic stuff on it.is there a risk of infection if a kept walking him or should I just rest it for a day or two?

F54065B8-FFA7-44B3-95A8-1383A221160E_zps

Lol I know this isn't much but just wondering about it getting infected.cheers

I would do salt water soaks 3 x daily for next week or so...

As for walking, I reckon lead walking for a week or so again just to let it toughen up a bit...

Just what I would personally do...

I also use this to help toughen my whippets pads up

B0517B82-100B-4BCF-922D-35ED344EDD6C.png

• Like 2

not to bad that try cut heal made by multicare this is cracking stuff and heals the pad up properly you need to be careful with the pads so they heal properly i think its healing from the inside out you need some stuff doesnt heal like that, would be more knowledgeable peeps on here who would tell you, the pad should take about 10 days to heal so no walking till after that i would say then a few days on the lead then he should be good as new.

Edited by marko

i wouldnt worry too much about infection, dogs will clean open wounds like this pretty thoroughly themselves . i would probably keep the dog leashed for a few days to stop the wound opening up again, but it really doesnt look too bad. give it a quick rinse with clean water before kenneling the dog, and it should heal in no time. if you intend to use any of the products to toughen the feet up then wait until the wound has healed, personally i have never used anything like that though

ALRIGHT MATE.

LIE THE DOG UP FOR A FEW DAYS SHORT LEAD WALKS.

GO TO PHARMACY AND BUY A TUB OF POTTASSIUM POMAGNETATE.

DILUTE QUARTER TEA SPOON INTO A LITRE OF WARM WATER AND SOAK WOUND 2/3 TIMES ADAY THATLL HEAL IT N KEEP IT CLEAN.

ATB.