Cheapest Springer To Rebuild

hello,

I was just thinking about getting old beaten up knackered springer that could be a priest to keep me busy over the next few weeks or how ever long it would take, iv never done this before so wanted people options really on what I should look of for what makes are easiest and what not. All advice and tips welcome, fire away....

Buy an old HW and give it some TLC. Better than a newer made springer. A newer springer will no doubt disappoint you after spending money and time on it - also cheaper in the long run too when you realise that and sell it then it an old HW. It would also suit you long term too.

Yea you can't go wrong with a old hw rez was spot on a 35 would be just the ticket nice and easy to work on too

I got one last year off moxy and when I finished I was amazed with it looked the part and was very accurate out to 40 yd

Failing that a old 95 also nice to work on but any well made gun will excell after some tlc

Either way keep us updated on your project bud

Yea you can't go wrong with a old hw rez was spot on a 35 would be just the ticket nice and easy to work on too

I got one last year off moxy and when I finished I was amazed with it looked the part and was very accurate out to 40 yd

Failing that a old 95 also nice to work on but any well made gun will excell after some tlc

Either way keep us updated on your project bud

That 35 Jonmondo has got could possibly be for sale, I think he has given up on it as its not his and doesnt really want to start spending on it.

The cheapest springer to rebuild has to be the humble SMK B2 as a whole new rifle (and therefore all the spares you need) is about £40!

Stupidly enough for a first time project buying 2, stripping them down and attempting to make one good is good training for dealing with something a little better!

• Like 1

Get a second or third hand HW80, HW97 or HW77 in complete but really poor external condition. What lies under all that neglect will amaze you!

Even leaving it in poor condition you still have a great gun to be honest. The 77 I have has fading bluing, a really dinged up stock, but she is still sweet to fire, very nice shot cycle. Think I am going to get a new spring and seal kit, perhaps a Welsh Willy one, give the internals a good service and leave the external as is!