Had A Good Day Today.

went for a look today due to a phone call from the big man himself,6ft 4 and slightly on edge all the time.The landowner told me he saw 2 fox in and around the lambing pens at the same time and can we come and try fiund em.

Mt son and myself and my mate went to the nearest earth from his farm and struck lucky,dog in shallow dig,job done,pressure off.I had my doubts as to the validity of calling my black mutt a worker as its his first season and though we dug him only once before we introduced him to some fallen victims to familiars him to his chosen quarry.We had a few hiccups along the way and I must admit I was expecting the worst from this dog for some reason.He did not look as if he was going to be proficient at his job.Put the collar on him today and away he went without a word of encouragement and we dug to him in just under an hour,I was surprised and delighted,so he will enjoy the summer with me now,something I didnt think might happen

9a661fa6-9a07-414e-9d3a-5a2525657611_zps

f6206508-6d7a-4064-bb44-67cafedb1c65_zps

we then moved on to the next spot,inside a fort ,my mate ran his dog,he has 8 digs under his belt to date and is a hard fecker,takes no prisioners and hes a firm believer in ''NO PAIN NO GAIN'',this dig was even faster and we had him out in 20 minutes,this suited us grand as it was a cold day and we had officially finished our season 3 weeks ago,so 2 down two digs,a rare thing for us.

I used today to introduce the selyham/russell type bitch to the game and she took it very well.She too had a shady start,but I knew she was a bit immature in her ways and shes now 20 months old and just after her first heat,this seemed to settle her and she was given a look at the stuff of the future and she welded to it so shes away now till next season too.

IMG_0094_zpspvmjlcgr.jpg

so a good day was had and they can rest and get fat for the summer now.

• Like 10