Chairgun Mtc Mamba, Help

Hi guys,

It's really windy here at the moment and I have been setting my rifle up, as all of you lot use chairgun I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help,

Basically I'm looking at some thereabouts aim points for my new set up, I haven't zeroed but have found my scope height by firing into a block and measuring the distance.

I'm trying to find a decent zero for my s200 (FAC). I normally shoot at about 7 mag but if someone could run me off some different aim points at different distances and mags it would be great, I just can't seem to get on with it, probably because I don't have access to a computer and the app isn't great.

Anyway no worries if you can't but if you don't ask you dont get.

Aa field .177 8.4 grain

868 fps (14.10 ft/lb)

Scope height is about 47mm 1.85 inches (wasn't sure if you needed to zero first but I haven't)

Wondering what best to zero at and preferably somewhere with no hold over only hold under.

Thanks

Craig

Craig, if you zero at 45.5 yards, your secondary zero will be at 15,8 yards. If using a 1" kill zone, with the ft/lbs you quote the pellet will stay within that killzone from 10.3 yards to 45.4.

You don't say what magnification you favour so obviously mildots will vary.

Edited 'cos I just noticed you DID say what magnification you use to hunt... X7. Sometimes the eyes don't co-ordinate with the brain. :duh:

Using the generic mildot in Chairgun I got these results.

post-84277-0-89294600-1424708034.jpg

Edited by Mister Gain
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Strelok is the way to go. Once set up with the information it needs it can be great fun. Ok, if you have your zero range set at say 45 yards, when you range find your target at say 80yards, if you enter that into Strelok and then look at the reticule tab it will place a dot on the aimpoint for your chosen scope. Of course this is no excuse for practice and learning your range and field skills but it does help.

I love to go out on a still day and practice my rifle and scope combinations and as Mr Pitterway does, sticky tab the lens cover with my mill dot ranges.

When i`m out using .177 cal to 50 yds the most holdover is just 1 mill dot.I use the Mamba Lite. MTC.

When i`m out with the .22 cal to 50 yds the trajectory of .22 sees much more mill dot use .Hawke Sport HD.

I do take a rangefinder with me when using the .22 and to a degree the .177, out to 50 yds because any range guessing is eradicated and shot placement is always smack on the money.

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 1