Dogs Nose Changing Colour

I've noticed for a few days now that his nose seems to be going pink. At first I thought it might just be a scratch but it's getting even more pink around the sides and on top. A quick google search says it can happen in winter, which would explain it. Some sites say go to the vets. I've never known this before and just wondered if any of you lads had experienced this and would you take him to the vets. There's been no other change whatsoever to indicate he's ill. Thanks in advance

He's just coming up to thirteen months now. Funny you should say that actually because last week I left some rabbits that I'd chopped up on the side overnight (stupid, I know!). In the morning, half of it had been eaten and there were legs hidden all round the house!!! I've not noticed him rubbing it on the floor though

He's just coming up to thirteen months now. Funny you should say that actually because last week I left some rabbits that I'd chopped up on the side overnight (stupid, I know!). In the morning, half of it had been eaten and there were legs hidden all round the house!!! I've not noticed him rubbing it on the floor though

well that answers that! :) had the same thing! He'll be fine!

What age is the dog? Did you give it bones lately or anything!? The reason I ask is my dog tried hiding a bone and each day it would rub it's nose off the ground and wear it down to the pink below plus seen old dogs get it!

I'd be more inclined to this answer as same happens to my dog. Right at the base on the snout :thumbs: Edited by MoChara