Chaseing The Pigeons

went for a look about this morning searching for pigeons with it been a nice day called at one spot me and bunny tickler did about a month back there must have been 2,000 birds on this one big field you could not see the rape for pigeons this flock have decimated this field unfortunately the field is only accessible by quad so i let a shot off just to spook them . no reaction to the 1st bang then i let another shot off this time the sky was blue and away... they went i sat in the car for over 1/2 hour and watched as they came back in bunches just flirting about these birds have been here a long time so i will be having a go in the near future i went to a little rape field about 3 miles away and this as been hammered when i got there the pigeons were just sat in the trees and flew off when i started to set up the farmer as put a bird kite on but they weren't bothered by that i had set up for 11.30 and the birds were coming back in 2s and 3s the flappers worked well i had 2 floaters way out the back about 60 yards apart as it was windy the action started to slow down about 1pm and i called it a day at 2.45 pm picked a total of 52 well surprised at that many realy but when you go and expect little above 10 is a good day this time of year 54 in pic the 2 left of the mole hill were 2 shot the other day

10168133_1544803232451563_66348115787905

• Like 5

hi ian ( 2 floaters )(1 angel cradel ) ( 2 ff4 the cheapist ones £58 each ) but built to last i just orderd some remote controlls (china) so i can stop & start them when i want once i got a couple of fresh birds for the magnet added that too ended up with 24 shell decoys on the ground on sticks with a bit of movement light breez looked well from the hyde didnt start removeing the shells untill it started to look overcrowded had a good day and will be out again this week weather permiting :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...