My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

good stuff

Cheers mate.its only took me to get her entered in her second season and lets hope there be more.as I got my first hare in the second season and first pheasant and now a grey back.

Well done Sean.

They just get better and better every year if you put the work in, like you have.

The good thing about a female on crows is they pulverise them.

My female has taken a few and she doesn't get anywhere near the hassle as the male does.

Sometimes a crowd will come in and mob the hell out of your bird.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

good stuff

Cheers mate.its only took me to get her entered in her second season and lets hope there be more.as I got my first hare in the second season and first pheasant and now a grey back.

Well done Sean.

They just get better and better every year if you put the work in, like you have.

My female has taken a few and she doesn't get anywhere near the hassle as the male does.

around here the sky goes black if you catch a crow, they just come from everywhere, my mate catches loads with his harris, i like rabbit flights to be arsed with crows yet lol, each to their own I guess, had a few with my male, not tried my female yet, hares top of my list, but... well done on them sean :thumbs:

good stuff

Well done Sean.

sorry for not getting back .as I tried again on Friday and no luck on a few rooks as I tried to show her some in a big group and she was having none off it ,so I tried looking for a single crow or grey back and had no luck.so lll just have to keep showing her them in big groups to see if she will click again.

good stuff

Well done Sean.

around here the sky goes black if you catch a crow, they just come from everywhere, my mate catches loads with his harris, i like rabbit flights to be arsed with crows yet lol, each to their own I guess, had a few with my male, not tried my female yet, hares top of my list, but... well done on them sean :thumbs:

over here mate there too many gun man and have shoot the hell out of them and the number are down ,as my aim is the get her entered on everything I can get her on as ive got her on rabbits,hares,,pheasant.crow.so far for a young bird as my next aim is trying a few more rooks to she knows the score with them and then try a duck,i can tell yeah it will keep you fit when trying for the hares as your on the move when she of the glove as when I'm out with the mate and springer looking for them and we get three good hard flights at them me and him are done and have to call it a day as its more hilly ground we have to run over.

Edited by sean goshawk
  • Like 1

ive just sorted it for me, weekend, proper hare day, two hour drive for them but its worth it, just rang farmer, he says there's pheasants everywhere, that'll keep my my mate happy with his male, its hare paradise out there lol

Edited by bullet
  • Like 1

ive just sorted it for me, sunday, proper hare day, two hour drive for them but its worth it, just rang farmer, he says there's pheasants everywhere, that'll keep my my mate happy with his male, its hare paradise out there lol

Never mind the male at the pheasant.get your female at them as well.over here the hares are thinned out with the lurcher boys.and it ruined at times with guns or dogs or get a bad breeding season.

Edited by sean goshawk

That's it mate I'm not all about kill kill.as she'll get well used to this rope pulling business as lll have her fit alright.

it does show at the beginning when the bird isn't as fit as when she's going good in the season, (I bit like me too lol)

That's it mate I'm not all about kill kill.as she'll get well used to this rope pulling business as lll have her fit alright.

it does show at the beginning when the bird isn't as fit as when she's going good in the season, (I bit like me too lol)

Haha keep you running after them hares and ull be up to her standard of fitness.

Edited by sean goshawk
  • Like 1

felt like it last Saturday running the full field when she got that rabbit, all the gear and ferret box, my mate said it looks like you only got one arm, I was holding the ferret box steady with the other!!!

felt like it last Saturday running the full field when she got that rabbit, all the gear and ferret box, my mate said it looks like you only got one arm, I was holding the ferret box steady with the other!!!

Haha I just drop everything beside me if she caught a long distance rabbit.as I did it before with the bow ferret box and slip on my side nearly wreaking my ribs and shouting like a mad man and if anyone came across me they would of thought I was only let out for the day

• Like 2

well tonite the big girl was 2lb 9 3/4oz and got a few good flights ,and I was hunting with wrong item tonite as seen four foxes and had been scaring the rabbits as there was not many out.and the last flight was at a piece of dirt about 500yrds so I wanted to finish her up with a recall at distance to see what shes like with the lamp and was fine with it,

Edited by sean goshawk
  • Like 1