My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

Dont know much about these birds or whats involved really, but always take a sneaky peek at this thread as its been easy to follow, i known your head will be wrecked just now but if ye decide to get another bird then please do another thread

III be getting another Gos as its to late in the year now to get a young bird .

• Like 1

Bad luck mate, you done well with her......plenty don't make it past the first season, let alone old bones.

Order yourself another for next summer & crack on with it mate. Atb

I've asked the breeder I got my female Gos of and just missed her sister bye a few weeks and she came out of the pen at 3lb 3oz as she would of been a big female.

Sorry for you loss mate, what happend to her Sean?

To cut the story short she had a hard chase at a rook and landed up a 50ft fur tree and think she took a fit and was hanging upside down with her feet attached to the tree and I run up it to get her and got her down and was fine and then dropped down on the glove and then die ten minutes later as her sugar levels drop dangers low and just never recovered from it and passed away on my glove .

To cut the story short she had a hard chase at a rook and landed up a 50ft fur tree and think she took a fit and was hanging upside down with her feet attached to the tree and I run up it to get her and got her down and was fine and then dropped down on the glove and then die ten minutes later as her sugar levels drop dangers low and just never recovered from it and passed away on my glove .

Fuuck man ?

Is there a way to get sugars into the bird fast like a dog?

I know this may seem a stupid question but.... why would this happen after one course/flight/whatever? Surely in the wild they would have several hard hunts in their life.

Fuuck man

Is there a way to get sugars into the bird fast like a dog?

I know this may seem a stupid question but.... why would this happen after one course/flight/whatever? Surely in the wild they would have several hard hunts in their life.[/quote

Yeah you would have to syrige and crop tube it with glucose in water down the back of its neck and should give it the sugar rush.wild bird would get it from eating wild mice eg

Edited by sean goshawk

And dehydration could cos it or low weight but that bird had plenty of fat on it .but I've heard of people fly and Gos all day and fed the bird up and getting ready to go home and the bird drop dead for no reason and have heard of a person recalling the bird to them and drop dead to when landed on the glove.

Edited by sean goshawk