My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

Well today the big girl was 2lb 10oz and me and the mate headed out for a rook and we came across a single magpie sitting out about a 100 yrds and we stopped the car and let her see it off the glove like a rocket and there was as cross wind that the magpie found hard to work and the Gos had no bother working the wind and then she was close on its tail and the magpie flip over some trees and thought to myself it's got away until I seen a puff of black feathers going threw the trees and knew she had it in the bag.

post-98610-0-19596800-1450278832_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well the big girl was 2lb 9 3/4 oz and went out for a quick hour and spotted this rabbits in some cover and the Gos seen it as I only put my foot into the first field and in the space of 5 min a rabbit was in the bag and headed home.

post-98610-0-01778800-1450740348_thumb.jpg

Edited by sean goshawk

Well today the big girl was 2lb 9 1/2oz and took out the pup to do some cover work and he marked a set of winds and flushed out six partridge and she took off like a rocket and then the flight went over some other winds and missed the catch and ran round to see if I could find her and she was in a wind Bush with the partridge.and the pup flushed a young rabbit from a winds and ended up with another kill.and missed another rabbits broke from some rocks and got away and had a good flight at a hen bird and got away to.

post-98610-0-24683900-1450881126_thumb.jpg

post-98610-0-54253700-1450881141_thumb.jpg

• Like 4