My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

Well done mate.......looks like you're racking up the kills! ;-)

Thank you.its a shame the catch rabbit wasn't got [bANNED TEXT] on the go pro as it was a good flight and would show better what the gos is like.but I'm a Virgin go pro user and that my first mistake made on it.

I wouldn't have a clue mate........it was enough for me juggling hawk & lamp, never mind thinking about technology as well! Haha.....Atb

its easy to lamp the bird.just setting up the angle right is hard,as I can use my phone to start recording the clip without touching the go pro with the built in wifi is a good job.

Looking good there mate ..do you fly in fields were you no there are no obsticles I'e no trees,fences,hedges ,water troffs ? My heart is in my mouth [BANNED TEXT] I watch clips in the day never mind at night lol

Looking good there mate ..do you fly in fields were you no there are no obsticles I'e no trees,fences,hedges ,water troffs ? My heart is in my mouth [bANNED TEXT] I watch clips in the day never mind at night lol

Hi I fly where there main power boxes fence and water troffs and feeder pens for cows and cows in the fields .so its like playing a game of Russian roulette with the gos at nite time.and even at times I fly beside the sea and cliffs about 300ft drops.so what do you think my heart feels like and sometimes I need new boxers on to.

Looking good there mate ..do you fly in fields were you no there are no obsticles I'e no trees,fences,hedges ,water troffs ? My heart is in my mouth [bANNED TEXT] I watch clips in the day never mind at night lol

Hi I fly where there main power boxes fence and water troffs and feeder pens for cows and cows in the fields .so its like playing a game of Russian roulette with the gos at nite time.and even at times I fly beside the sea and cliffs about 300ft drops.so what do you think my heart feels like and sometimes I need new boxers on to.

lol I can emagin mate lol I'd just close my eyes and hope for the best...gos,s sure do give you that "heart in mouth" feeling soon they leave the fist.lol

lol I can emagin mate lol I'd just close my eyes and hope for the best...gos,s sure do give you that "heart in mouth" feeling soon they leave the fist.lol

Haha I was always a Harris man for 7years of my life.until I got offered to fly a gos for a season even it was a already trained bird I was hooked on it .and then order an untouched bird and wouldn't go near a Harris again.totally different flying altogether the gos from the Harris.

Haha I was always a Harris man for 7years of my life.until I got offered to fly a gos for a season even it was a already trained bird I was hooked on it .and then order an untouched bird and wouldn't go near a Harris again.totally different flying altogether the gos from the Harris.

I cant knock the humble harris, I learnt a lot from one, a nasty second hand bird, if he didn't kill, he hunt you down!! but the gos does take some beating, im lucky enough to have enough ground to fly at with a gos, they do some stupid high speed moves, they only have one speed......flat out! my first rabbiting trip this season resulted my bird hitting a fence full speed, last sunday on the hares she hit a sheep mesh, and this is in the day!! think id have heart failure if I was lamping!!

I cant knock the humble harris, I learnt a lot from one, a nasty second hand bird, if he didn't kill, he hunt you down!! but the gos does take some beating, im lucky enough to have enough ground to fly at with a gos, they do some stupid high speed moves, they only have one speed......flat out! my first rabbiting trip this season resulted my bird hitting a fence full speed, last sunday on the hares she hit a sheep mesh, and this is in the day!! think id have heart failure if I was lamping!!

yeah the harris is a real good bird as I trained up my own female and she was a cracking bird during the day and lamping to ,as I wished I had to go pro sooner to get all her flights as shes was,nt a big female flown at 1lb 15oz .but a real game bird as she pulled down a 7lb goose from the soar and not many rabbits got away from her .

Edited by sean goshawk

awesome stuff, camera coming in to its own, how are you sharing the youtube link as mine is a link and not the video on here? tech's help tech's lol

ive been on new permission today but to be honest it was turd, one rabbit in all the setts we ferreted, but you got to try them to know,