My Northern Goshawk

sean goshawk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi ive been flying birds or prey for ten year and I had a female harris I had for many years.and then got myself a female gos this is a andy hunter breed bird and only this year bird ive only took 60

more

Well after spending a good few weeks on rope pulls me and the mate went out for a rook to see if she'll get one and seen this grey back sitting close to a hedge and let the Gos see it and took off aft

Posted Images

im in a built up area, my male way noisey in his first year but I took him work with me doing nights out in my truck, yeah I still hear that noise today!! that was 6 years ago, wouldn't swap him for the world, the female I got as an older bird, she calls in the summer months breeding time, got a lad after her, she may go to him if I decied to go pr

Hi Bullet

Does your male donate???

im in a built up area, my male way noisey in his first year but I took him work with me doing nights out in my truck, yeah I still hear that noise today!! that was 6 years ago, wouldn't swap him for the world, the female I got as an older bird, she calls in the summer months breeding time, got a lad after her, she may go to him if I decied to go pr

Hi Bullet

Does your male donate???

yes mate he does

Hi Bullet

Does your male donate???

yes mate he does

You could always breed one from your female.

My own female stands, lays and incubates.

I don't think it would be too hard to inseminate her.

You could give it a go yourself mate.

well the big girl was 2lb 6 3/4 oz and took the two springer with me and the mate ,when done some cover work with the dog and a cock pheasant broke from the cover and went about 300 yard flight and lost it,so the young sprocker worked another bit of cover which a hen bird broke and had a 100 yard start and she caught it but we thought it went into a forest and ran into it and I tracked it as it was in a piece of thick grass outside the forest and the time we found it the bird lost the hold of it and got away,so we where heading to another bit of cover and the two dog put out another hen bird which flyed around 400 yards to cover with the gos on its back and when we tracked her down she had the bird on a head hold in the river and called it a day.

post-98610-0-21606300-1445107937_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Sean

Well done.

With practise, not many pheasants will get away from her when she learns to hold them by the head.

Yeah as she still is a young bird and this is her first one is ever had and hopefully she'll have more and that one more quarry ticked off the list.as ive tryed for rooks with on luck hopefully with showing her them all the time that will click.