Done A Bit Lamping

j j m

well went out last night ended up with 5 bunnys ,first one was a 30 yard head shot with the tx200,second one a 25 yard shot the bunny come out the nettles at the side of me another head shot,3rd one a 40 yard head shot again this one jumped so high and rolled around for a bit the pellet had took the top of its head off,4th shot 35 yards this one didnt even twitch stone dead,5th shot 46 yards clean head shot again stone dead,this lamping kit i got off sean aka viza with the red filter on is ideal for thses rabbits on the golf course

• Like 1

i know mate your righ i always use the red filter on my rifle ,my mate was out with his top of the range nv he got 1 rabbit,i tried nv shooting i soon went back to the good old lamp it never lets me down

• Like 2

Some good shots there,do any of you use amber filters? I've been using one for a while and had some success,but red seems to be by far the most popular...

Amber will work a little better in misty or foggy conditions

Nice going JJM

Some good shots there,do any of you use amber filters? I've been using one for a while and had some success,but red seems to be by far the most popular...

Amber will work a little better in misty or foggy conditions

Nice going JJM

I use green which as I found out 2 nights ago isn't great in fog, it made the fog look even thicker and very green through my scope, with my eyes I could see about 25 meters, through the scope was about 10

Get fog here all the time so might switch to amber :cheers:

The whitevlight usually spookes them mate, I go out 2 till about 430 mate thats when the bunnys are most active on the golf course

That's about the same times I go if I'm lamping with a shotgun but if I go out with the air rifle at that time the rabbits are hard to get near as they are already out.

Went out last night 12:00 till 2:30 and got 6 and one baby rabbit. With red filter on this time?

you just have to try different times at different areas mate some times your lucky,i try to keep to the same time as usual,but after ive taking a good few bunnys i leave that area for a bit ive heard some people on here hitting the same spot night in night out for months ,then they wonder why theres no rabbits simple you have nearly took them all or they are lamp shy,i always like to let the population grow a bit no good clearing them all up theres no fun in it move around any you will have bunnys all year round