Mole Trapping Prices

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£10 per mole wouldn't get me out of my own garden by the time you pay for the traps, time, travel, public liability insurance (hope you have it?) advertising costs, accountants fees, running costs for

Whatever you charge is your own business but now you have declared yourself a professional prepare for the knock on the door late at night . Or maybe a group of hooded, velvet gloved enforcers from on

But for your £70 you will need to go back at least once more maybe 3 so then its £35 or £ 23 per visit!! or is it £70 visit   I also do a local school playing field, but do it for free, my children

Posted Images

Being in France doing large estates with a good quantity of molehills on display is somewhat different to dealing with moles in recently constructed properties that have gardens made up from a combination of whatever the builder brought to site and then turfed over.

It is also very different to being called into a row of detached or terraced properties and being asked to catch the mole; how are you to know if the neighbour may decide that tonight is the night he is going to put his expertise to work and catch the mole in his trap, or maybe on the other side of that high wall another mole catcher is setting traps,

These are all good reasons for not following the ancient trend of no mole no fee - times have moved on - or they have for me anyway.

Finepix at no point in time did i say those offering that supposed guarantee were cowboys.

It is annoying however to see this guarantee being offered by people that have little experience in mole catching along with their master molecatcher accolade that in reality tells the customer nothing - like I said I used to offer no mole no fee -if you had a difficult one it just meant you would leave traps in for an age and drop into job as you were passing - but that is not what I would consider to be a professional way of doing something - better to be paid properly for a proper job.

I don't regard being paid for not catching a mole as being paid properly for doing a proper job.

• Like 3

Being in France doing large estates with a good quantity of molehills on display is somewhat different to dealing with moles in recently constructed properties that have gardens made up from a combination of whatever the builder brought to site and then turfed over.

It is also very different to being called into a row of detached or terraced properties and being asked to catch the mole; how are you to know if the neighbour may decide that tonight is the night he is going to put his expertise to work and catch the mole in his trap, or maybe on the other side of that high wall another mole catcher is setting traps,

These are all good reasons for not following the ancient trend of no mole no fee - times have moved on - or they have for me anyway.

Finepix at no point in time did i say those offering that supposed guarantee were cowboys.

It is annoying however to see this guarantee being offered by people that have little experience in mole catching along with their master molecatcher accolade that in reality tells the customer nothing - like I said I used to offer no mole no fee -if you had a difficult one it just meant you would leave traps in for an age and drop into job as you were passing - but that is not what I would consider to be a professional way of doing something - better to be paid properly for a proper job.

I don't regard being paid for not catching a mole as being paid properly for doing a proper job.

Can't argue with that. Same applies to any pest-if it's not gone the jobs not done.

• Like 1

Right then lads now I've caught 5 moles and become a professional mole catcher what the f#%k do I charge

You'll have to go on a course arranged by the BMG in order to be able to calculate the right price.

• Like 2

Right then lads now I've caught 5 moles and become a professional mole catcher what the f#%k do I charge

You'll have to go on a course arranged by the BMG in order to be able to calculate the right price.

how much do they charge for that "sorry couldnt help it :laugh: "

One good thing, maybe,..(depending on your point, of view ?),....is that any 'newbies' who are considering, 'paying' for a 'mole catching course',.....really DONT need to bother, anymore ? lol lol,.....cause, its ALL here,...in the Snaring, Trapping & Pest Control, section, alone ?,....lol,.......So tune in & 'follow' folks, & 'spread the word',.....cause all youll need is a bit of 'aptitude', & your away ! ha ha ha (lightheartedly expressed, mind !,..lol)

Edited by earth-thrower

:laugh:C'mon now,...we are all out to make a living,...whether we are Masters or just old Mouldy's,...

Pricing is a personal thing,...it has got to be,....and it is no other fecker's business other than your's and the Client's..

In our world, the customer is King,...even more so, if there are a few hundred of the feckers. :yes:

The real money in the Rural pest control game, is in repeat performances... :laugh:

Most large gardens, private estates, etc,..especially if they are located in 'mole infested areas'...will provide regular work ..

The art of survival,..is all about selling yourself to the customer,...you must be straight down the line,.100% honest,..and explain to the client,..exactly what you are going to do,..and even more importantly,.what you are not going to do... :thumbs:

Communication is the keyword,...there is no room, for ambiguity or misunderstandings...

I've been fortunate,...I've had a real good run for my money,...in fact, I am enjoying my trapping, more than ever.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3

:laugh:C'mon now,...we are all out to make a living,...whether we are Masters or just old Mouldy's,...

Pricing is a personal thing,...it has got to be,....and it is no other fecker's business other than you and the Client...

In our world, the customer is King,...even more so, if there are a few hundred of the feckers. :yes:

The real money in the Rural pest control game, is in repeat performances... :laugh:

Most large gardens, private estates, etc,..especially if they are located in 'mole infested areas'...will provide regular work ..

The art of survival,..is all about selling yourself to the customer,...you must be straight down the line,.100% honest,..and explain to the client,..exactly what you are going to do,..and even more importantly,.what you are not going to do... :thumbs:

Communication is the keyword,...there is no room, for ambiguity or misunderstandings...

I've been fortunate,...I've had a real good run for my money,...in fact, I am enjoying my trapping, more than ever.

So its 'true' Phil,.. the 'Hampshire Countryside' is totally overrun with moles, after all ! (ive heard that) ha ha

Pricing is a personal thing,...it has got to be,....and it is no other fecker's business other than you and the Client...

So its 'true' Phil,.. the 'Hampshire Countryside' is totally overrun with moles, after all ! (ive heard that) ha ha

Sorry mate, i cant help , messing,....( although , theres got to be 'scope' for a few more 'mole catchers', on old 'Nicepix' doorstep, surely ?,....ha ha ha )

Edited by earth-thrower

Sorry mate, i cant help , messing,....( although , theres got to be 'scope' for a few more 'mole catchers', on old 'Nicepix' doorstep, surely ?,....ha ha ha )

Edited by earth-thrower, Today, 02:49 PM.

Plenty of opportunities out here for rural pest control providing that you are able to move with the times, embrace new ideas and not just rely on what worked in the 1940's ;)

Edited by earth-thrower, Today, 02:49 PM.

Plenty of opportunities out here for rural pest control providing that you are able to move with the times, embrace new ideas and not just rely on what worked in the 1940's ;)

Hey, im not that 'old', mate !,....lol (still in me 'forties' , actually) he he