Working Sealyhams "

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smashing looking terriers andy26, thank you for going the trouble of posting the pics. There were dogs of this type around when I was younger. Not that long ago, well late 1970's early 80's which is a

Those sealyhams from dorset were up on a invite for a days threshing,load of old pish they are and the only dogs they had out with any use were the russell x sealyhams.The pures were far to slow and

Posted Images

Cross bred mate an we keep them in a tight circle there isn't many people outside the circle get them but last summer we bred to many so a couple of people who we don't really now got a couple off us an there isn't any plans of any breeding going on this summer mate

Ye keep them in a tight circle then you go a give a couple to people you dont even know,bit of a contradiction that.Is there any of the Cork stuff in the makeup of your dogs.

What he meant when he said he didn't really know the lads he gave the pups too was that the other lads who have them with him know the lad so there wasn't really any contradiction. The pups are doing well andy. Are any of those the mother of them

Cross bred mate an we keep them in a tight circle there isn't many people outside the circle get them but last summer we bred to many so a couple of people who we don't really now got a couple off us an there isn't any plans of any breeding going on this summer mate

Ye keep them in a tight circle then you go a give a couple to people you dont even know,bit of a contradiction that.Is there any of the Cork stuff in the makeup of your dogs.

What he meant when he said he didn't really know the lads he gave the pups too was that the other lads who have them with him know the lad so there wasn't really any contradiction. The pups are doing well andy. Are any of those the mother of them

The man already explained himself,no need for your 2p worth.

• 4 weeks later...

did you not read all of my post?We had to many pup's on one lad who got 1 was a mate of a mate that does a bit another lad off here that does a bit an not one penny changed hands don't no why am explaining myself to you anyway

I did not ask you to explain yourself and i did not mention money.You said it was a tight circle and then you said you gave a couple to PEOPLE THAT YOU DONT REALLY KNOW,read your own post,people that keep a tight line dont throw pups out to people they dont know,anyway good luck with your sealyhamx,s.
we do keep them in a tight circle but we had 4 litters last summer so a couple went outside the circle better than ptd am in touch with them all the time to see how they are getting on so try and find out the crack before you try and make people look like a daft c**t I don't want this slagging match put if you kept your nose out it wouldn't of happened thb[/quote

Andy I wouldn't listen to that Muppet fat man he's good at looking over peoples posts and having a opinion he wants to have a look at his own posts he was giving a young lad stick about posting inappropriate posts but yet that Muppet posts qoutes like digging otters don't compare to digging them other boys and that's him giving a opinion after digging two otters f***ing muppet

• Like 1

So you keep them in tight circle lol . I seen tat cork stuff fat man is on about the best dogs I seen in a long time can't fault them in any way.

Son your posting looking were can I get good stock and also were can I get digging tools if you know fatmsn sure he should be able to get you sorted as that man seen and done the lot lmfao
  • Like 1

Smashing looking terriers andy26, thank you for going the trouble of posting the pics. There were dogs of this type around when I was younger. Not that long ago, well late 1970's early 80's which is a long time ago I suppose, but not as far back as people may think regarding the Sealyham type as a working terrier.

They were not very popular though even when I first started getting interested in hunting dogs and Border/Lakeland types and Russells were the norm. But the Sealyham type was still around. Short legged heavy built dogs are more suited to working a particular kind of underground animal and the laws were changing. Maybe that's why they lost favour ? Nothing to do with the show world of course.

I do remember that they had un terrier type temperements. Very calm, very laid back, almost bored most of the time. Only showing terrier spirit when there was a need. If you still have such animals then you are a lucky man !

• Like 5

Smashing looking terriers andy26, thank you for going the trouble of posting the pics. There were dogs of this type around when I was younger. Not that long ago, well late 1970's early 80's which is a long time ago I suppose, but not as far back as people may think regarding the Sealyham type as a working terrier.They were not very popular though even when I first started getting interested in hunting dogs and Border/Lakeland types and Russells were the norm. But the Sealyham type was still around. Short legged heavy built dogs are more suited to working a particular kind of underground animal and the laws were changing. Maybe that's why they lost favour ? Nothing to do with the show world of course.I do remember that they had un terrier type temperements. Very calm, very laid back, almost bored most of the time. Only showing terrier spirit when there was a need. If you still have such animals then you are a lucky man !

thanks for that I found it very interesting an the last bit about temperements you've got it spot it does me bloody nut in at times if they are just going for a normal walk on the playing fields I spend most of my time dragging them there an when there I spend all of the time waiting for them an shouting for the little buggers to hurry up but when I've got them out on the weekend they are bouncing all over an pulling get is all over the place totally different all together they honestly do live for work thanks again

Smashing looking terriers andy26, thank you for going the trouble of posting the pics. There were dogs of this type around when I was younger. Not that long ago, well late 1970's early 80's which is a long time ago I suppose, but not as far back as people may think regarding the Sealyham type as a working terrier.They were not very popular though even when I first started getting interested in hunting dogs and Border/Lakeland types and Russells were the norm. But the Sealyham type was still around. Short legged heavy built dogs are more suited to working a particular kind of underground animal and the laws were changing. Maybe that's why they lost favour ? Nothing to do with the show world of course.I do remember that they had un terrier type temperements. Very calm, very laid back, almost bored most of the time. Only showing terrier spirit when there was a need. If you still have such animals then you are a lucky man !

thanks for that I found it very interesting an the last bit about temperements you've got it spot it does me bloody nut in at times if they are just going for a normal walk on the playing fields I spend most of my time dragging them there an when there I spend all of the time waiting for them an shouting for the little buggers to hurry up but when I've got them out on the weekend they are bouncing all over an pulling get is all over the place totally different all together they honestly do live for work thanks again

The dog i had was as laid back as you would find but a totally different dog at work,real jeckel and hyde,lol and very good around other dogs.1 fault i had with him was when he was mooching about or hunting cover he only came back when it suited himself,recall very bad then i got him as an adult dog so probably not the dogs fault.

The dog i had was as laid back as you would find but a totally different dog at work,real jeckel and hyde,lol and very good around other dogs.1 fault i had with him was when he was mooching about or hunting cover he only came back when it suited himself,recall very bad then i got him as an adult dog so probably not the dogs fault.
haha the bitch is worse than the dog for that she fine until there is a sent than she's off it was only last week me an a keeper were out until 11.30 checking all the spots he nos with no joy I set me alarm for 4.30 the next morning only having a couple of hours kip an found her in a wood about 5ish just sitting there barking her head off iv been lucky like that a few times with her..