Fastest Lurcher.

Lurcher x lurcher

Explain.... Coursing dog??
Nope lurcher x lurcher no coursing blood ...

Said dog won races against purpose bred racing lurchers , not bad for a mutt with little more than half running dog in it

Some dogs are born freaks... Do you know what was in it?

bull/grey x beddy/whippet/wheaten/grey... he was a freak he just covered ground like hell .

DSCF6049_zpse93f5280.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In general the Whippet/Grey takes some beating for initial short bursts of speed,the fastest mutt ive owned that had early acceleration and endurance with real speed was a Lurcher to lurcher bred mutt

Fastest dog has to be anything with plenty of Greyhound or Whippet blood in them..also they are the fastest to run out of stamina and generally the fastest to either kill themselves or badly injure th

whip/grey

Posted Images

One of the first dogs I had possessed unbelievable gears

Even when he looked in full flight he had more if need be

Another I had who's Sire was a Waterloo Cup winner had great take off as did her offspring when put to a Coursing Lurcher

One of those Coursing Lurchers was used by a local lad over his

First cross Whippet x Greyhound by Wor John

These will obviously be pacey and I think he has a dog for sale 14 Wks old

what are these max, ne'on greyhounds with bit of coursing blood .? because when you get to that level of % ,there really longdgs not really lurchers. prob people will say any type running dog a lurcher, but I was always told after a 1/4 (base blood) you can end up with near enough a greyhound, a 1/8 will get lost in the x .!

• Like 3

A friend of mine a whippet beddy cross about 18 tts it could fooking fly if it was running up the hills on the golf course it would take off in the air it dropped dead while running one day it was a rocket

The rocket ran out of fuel,a bigger rocket may not have done so.

• Like 2

A friend of mine a whippet beddy cross about 18 tts it could fooking fly if it was running up the hills on the golf course it would take off in the air it dropped dead while running one day it was a rocket

Could of had a heart attack? Bigger rocket may have had one sooner. Lol.

Nah.

Youre probably right Gaz, my mistake.

No worries.

i have seen mutts that looked liked they couldnt catch a cold you wouldnt give them the time of day excel at numerous tasks they were asked to perform they were never the quickest and even when run with a quick dog they came out on top speed is only half of what a dog needs brains and bottle also play a big part

• Like 3

Well on this site it's got to be 1st saluki lurcher 2nd bull cross 3rd bedlington cross 4th collie cross

Early opinion seems to favour the Whippet/Grey,yet im awaiting the misguided soul who will eventually say Bull/Grey,there will be at least 7 on here.

had a quarter bull 3 quarter greyhound that went over a saluki whippet bull pups were real speed demons

I remember years ago visitng some boys near Aberdeen, who had greyhound x whippets..their dogs were like shit off a syick, we were almost frightened to slips our lurchers..but, they had two course each and the lads said, "thats it back home for a cuppa" ehh couldnt believe it, we lamp from 1am till breaking light, then do some early morning daylight coursing on the way home..

Its nice to have a fast dog, and Ive been blessed with a few over the years, but it isnt everything..

• Like 1