Fastest Lurcher.

lurcher x lurcher some collie in there, she was the only smooth coated dog in the litter.

Fastest dog ive seen, would get up to a hare no matter how far away it was, if she spotted it, she catch up to it. Usually ended up losing it once she was there but real speed. She never lost a race i entered her in, admittedly only entered her in like 5 and they were game fairs and country shows not real racing but still, bloody fast!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In general the Whippet/Grey takes some beating for initial short bursts of speed,the fastest mutt ive owned that had early acceleration and endurance with real speed was a Lurcher to lurcher bred mutt

Fastest dog has to be anything with plenty of Greyhound or Whippet blood in them..also they are the fastest to run out of stamina and generally the fastest to either kill themselves or badly injure th

whip/grey

Posted Images

Right I'm having you... No Greyhound x Whippets allowed. That's plain cheating....

Not strictly speaking a lurcher is it? IIRC a lurcher is a Greyhound x working dog, a Longdog is a sight hound x sighthound. Or am I wrong?

If you want to get technical yes but I and others around my area call them all Lurchers.

The bitch I have is very fast an catches most of her stuff in first few yards an big bunny's but if stuff is up an running the bitch will go to the edge row an uses her head to cut it back out into the field so I think it's all down to the individual dog

As much as I'm enjoying this post I do think it's a bit of a daft question. No disrespect intended DogFox123, and to be fair the question was what's the fastest you've " seen " and not what is the fastest " type". I think the question is a bit mischievous ? No one adds the blood of dogs slower than pure Greyhounds or Whippets to increase top speed achievable. A Formula 1 car is a faster vehicle than a quad bike. What's the fastest quad bike ?

• Like 1

As much as I'm enjoying this post I do think it's a bit of a daft question. No disrespect intended DogFox123, and to be fair the question was what's the fastest you've " seen " and not what is the fastest " type". I think the question is a bit mischievous ? No one adds the blood of dogs slower than pure Greyhounds or Whippets to increase top speed achievable. A Formula 1 car is a faster vehicle than a quad bike. What's the fastest quad bike ?

Well seeing as though I said what's the fastest lurcher anybody has seen I think it's pretty clear to see Greyhounds are not included....

Well seeing as though I said what's the fastest lurcher anybody has seen I think it's pretty clear to see Greyhounds are not included....

Yes you did, but the fastest at doing what ?

Yes you did, but the fastest at doing what ?

Fastest at RUNNING, I would think he meant :thumbs:

• Like 1